Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 19, 2012
Atlantic Information Services is pleased to announce that former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle will offer a provocative look at what’s next for health reform, and former CMS Administrator Tom Scully will outline what health reform would look like under President Romney, at New Health Insurance Business Models for a Post-Reform World, a two-day conference in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 4-5, 2012. For more information, visit http://aishealth.com/roundtable/october2012.
In addition to these two featured presentations, seven Health Business Roundtables — each featuring four industry leaders and two veteran AIS health reporters as moderators — permit a deep dive into today’s biggest challenges and creative solutions for health care leaders. The 28 industry experts participating in the Roundtables are:
- Henry J. Aaron, Senior Fellow, Economic Studies, The Brookings Institution
- Joel S. Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions; Former Director of HHS’s Office of Health Insurance Exchanges
- Vince Ashton, President and CEO, HealthPass New York
- Deborah Bachrach, Special Counsel, Healthcare Transaction & Policy, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Charles Boorady, Managing Director, Credit Suisse Investment Research
- Matthew Coffina, Senior Equity Analyst, Morningstar
- Robb A. Cohen, M.B.A., Chief Government Affairs Officer, XLHealth, a UnitedHealthcare Company
- Anne Melissa Dowling, CFA, Deputy Commissioner, Connecticut Insurance Department
- Henry Charles Eickelberg, Vice President, Human Resources & Shared Services, General Dynamics Corporation
- Brad Fluegel, Executive in Residence, Health Evolution Partners
- Philip Gaziano, President & Chief Executive Officer, Accountable Care Associates
- John Gorman, Founder & Chairman, Gorman Health Group
- Edmund F. Haislmaier, Senior Research Fellow, Health Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- John Hickman, Partner and Head, Health Benefits Practice, Alston & Bird
- Erik Johnson, Senior Vice President, Avalere Health
- Kevin Kickhaefer, Head, Sales & Market Development, Bloom Health
- Steven Larsen (invited), Executive Vice President, Optum, Former Director, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, CMS
- Robert Laszewski, President, Health Policy and Strategy Associates
- Dr. Tom Lundquist, Vice President, Performance Measurement and Improvement of Health Care Services BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Thomas P. Miller, J.D., Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Marisa Milton, Vice President, HR Policy, Strategy & Compliance, Marriott International, Inc.
- Pamela Morris, President and CEO, CareSource
- Joseph G. Murphy, Commissioner, Massachusetts Division of Insurance
- Sandy Praeger, Commissioner of Insurance, State of Kansas
- Chantel Sheaks, Principal, Government Affairs, Buck Consultants
- Richard L. Snyder, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Independence Blue Cross
- Jeff Welch, Divisional Vice President of Consumer and Emerging Markets, Health Care Service Corporation
- Steve Zaharuk, Senior Vice President, Moody’s Investors
Visit http://aishealth.com/roundtable/october2012/speakers for more information about the speakers.
During New Health Insurance Business Models, conference attendees will gain a thorough understanding of today’s most compelling bottom-line issues for health care professionals, from exchanges to dual eligibles to new benefit designs to ACOs and medical homes. Participants will be part of the action, with electronic audience polling and question-and-answer periods that conclude each roundtable. Review the full conference program at http://aishealth.com/roundtable/october2012/program.
The registration fee is $695 for AIS’s health business newsletter subscribers who register by Aug. 15 — a $350 discount off the regular rate of $1,045. The nonsubscriber early-bird registration fee is $945 when registering before Aug. 15 — a $100 discount off the regular rate of $1,045. Visit http://aishealth.com/roundtable/october2012 for more information and to register.
AIS has been a national leader in health care business news and information for more than 25 years. The firm currently has more than 40,000 readers of Health Plan Week, AIS’s Health Reform Week, Medicare Advantage News, Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, ACO Business News, Drug Benefit News, Specialty Pharmacy News, AIS’s Directory of Health Plans, Health Business Daily and a variety of other print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books and reports, databases and webinars. Its information-packed website at AISHealth.com has nearly 100,000 page views per month.