It demonstrates the strong momentum of our members in Brazil.
Porto Alegre, Brazil (PRWEB) July 23, 2012
OW2, the global open source community dedicated to open source infrastructure software and generic applications, announces its participation as a Silver Sponsor in the 13th edition of the International Free Software Forum (FISL) in Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 24-28.
For its second participation in FISL, the OW2 community is making a significant contribution to the event in both the exhibition hall and the conference program. OW2 is ramping up its efforts to reach out to all those IT professionals in Latin America looking to benefit from its open source software solutions.
On the exhibition floor, the “OW2 Village” will be one of the largest booths. Members and projects 4Linux, Mandriva, MAPS, CompatibleOne and SpagoBI will showcase OW2's state-of-the-art open source technologies in middleware, enterprise applications and platforms, and cloud computing.
As for the conferences, the OW2 community will be hosting eight sessions that will reveal the strengths of open source innovation at OW2. From breakthrough collaborative projects to enterprise-ready application platforms, the community's contribution to the FISL conference program includes the following talks:
- Cedric Thomas, OW2, will give two talks, one presenting the CompatibleOne open source cloud broker and the other discussing his analysis of the changing nature of open source.
- Nelson Lago, University of Sao Paulo, will provide an update on the CHOReOS project,
- Sergio Rafael Lemke, Mandriva, will present Mandriva and its Pulse 2 solutions for managing IT infrastructure,
- Andrea Gioia, Engineering, will discuss extensive information management in SpagoBI,
- Leandro Marcio Hernandez Benitez, 4Linux, will present BonitaSoft,
- Miguel Koren O'Brien, Konsultex Informatica, will give a presentation of a SpagoBI use case,
- Julien Renaut, MAPS SA, will present the Jmine platform.
“We are proud of our high-level participation in FISL this year. It demonstrates the strong momentum of our members in Brazil and our strategic commitment to Latin America.” said Cedric Thomas, OW2 CEO. “This is a great opportunity for the OW2 community.” he adds.
Founded in January 2007, OW2 is a global independent industry community dedicated to developing open source code infrastructure (middleware and generic applications) and to fostering a vibrant community and business ecosystem. The OW2 Consortium hosts some 100 technology projects, including ASM, Bonita, eXo Platform, JOnAS, Orbeon Forms, PetALS ESB, SpagoBI and XWiki. Visit the OW2 website: http://www.ow2.org.
FISL, the Fórum Internacional Software Livre, is held each year since 2000 in Porto Alegre/RS, Brazil. With over 5000 attendees, it is the largest open source software exhibition and conference in Latin America.