Palm Harbor, Fla., U.S.A. (PRWEB) July 23, 2012
(ISC)² ® (“ISC-squared”), the not-for-profit global leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers with more than 86,000 certified members worldwide, today announced the finalists for its second annual Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (Americas ISLATM).
With the success of the first Americas ISLA program last year, (ISC)² is pleased to celebrate the accomplishments of private sector cyber security leaders throughout the Americas who are inspiring change within the information security workforce. The program recognizes professionals who are leading initiatives that result in a more highly adept, adaptable information security workforce in North, Central, and South America. The key categories include: Information Security Practitioner, Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project, Senior Information Security Professional, and Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional. (ISC)2 will also recognize a Community Service Star for spreading information security awareness throughout their community.
As part of (ISC)²’s Global Awards Program, Americas ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have significantly enhanced the workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in an information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project.
“It’s important to recognize the information security innovation, leadership, and talent of professionals throughout the Americas region and to highlight the driven, passionate individuals who are committed to advancing this industry,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director of (ISC)². “These awards programs provide a unique platform for information security leaders across the globe to inspire the next generation of professionals. We congratulate this year’s finalists and look forward to recognizing them at our Security Congress event in Philadelphia in September.”
The 2012 Americas ISLA finalists are as follows:
Category: Information Security Practitioner
- James Leyte-Vidal, A+, CISA, Security+, GPEN, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, architect, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts – U.S.A.
- Lisa Kissler, CISA, GRC lead, Washington State Employment Security Department – U.S.A.
- Justin White, information security consultant/CEO, Floating Point – U.S.A.
Category: Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project
- Eduardo Tavares, CSO, Diagnósticos da América S.A (DASA) - Brazil
- Ismael Cruz, CEO, Akiyama Corporation – Brazil
Category: Senior Information Security Professional
- Malcolm Harkins, CISO, Intel – U.S.A.
- Bobby Dominguez, CISSP, GSLC, CPP, CRISC, PMP, ITIL, director, IT Security & Governance, Risk, Compliance - PSCU Financial Services – U.S.A.
- Annessa McKenzie, CISSP, MBA, CISA, CRISC, director, Information Security & Compliance, Baker Hughes – U.S.A.
- Darnell Washington, CISSP, president/CEO, SecureXperts, Inc. – U.S.A.
- Tom McAndrew, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CGEIT, MCP, executive vice president, Professional Services, Coalfire Systems – U.S.A.
Category: Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional
- Shawn Marck, CCNA, JNCIA, VP of Operations, Black Lotus Communications – U.S.A.
- Prajwal Panchmahalkar, CEH, student & research assistant, Texas Tech University – U.S.A.
- Dr. Aury Curbelo, Security +, CEH, associate professor, University of Puerto Rico – U.S.A.
A judging committee of senior information security experts from the security industry select finalists based upon selection criteria and eligibility requirements. (ISC)² officials will honor the Americas ISLA winners on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 during a Gala Dinner & Ceremony in Philadelphia, Pa., U.S.A. at The Franklin Institute.
For more information on the Americas ISLA program, please visit http://www.isc2.org/aisla.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with over 86,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at http://www.isc2.org
© 2012, (ISC)² Inc. (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.