Billerica, MA (PRWEB) July 24, 2012
GXT Green is pleased to announce that the ECOgrade™ photodegradable grocery bag was selected from a broad field of entries as a finalist for Consumer Product of the Year in the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council's 15th Annual Leadership Awards.
ECOgrade™ Photodegradable Shopping Bags are the safe, convenient, competitively priced, sustainable solution to plastic bag pollution and greenhouse gas reduction. They address the needs of retailers and consumers with an environmentally and economically viable alternative to bans on plastic bag use.
- Use nearly 50% less plastic resin
- Use 15% less energy in manufacturing bags
- Produce 1/3 less Greenhouse gas
- If littered or lost, they breakdown in 40 days and degrade completely within 240 days of exposure to sunlight.
- Leave no toxic waste residue
- Are approved for recycling
- And very importantly - cost about the same as regular plastic bags.
ECOgrade bags have received a tremendous reception from retailers, as well as interest from government and environmental groups. Nine major retailers have initiated orders to field test the bags in their stores.
According to Tom Hopcroft, President and CEO of Mass Technology Leadership Council, this was a record year for the number of nominations received for the MassTLC awards. Manas Chatterjee, CEO of GXT Green commented "We are excited to be recognized by the community for our advances in technology to replace plastic bags. This nomination further validates the success we are having in demonstrating our product to retailers and consumers".
As part of the final award process, consumers and industry experts have the opportunity to vote for the best product, and influence the selection of the winner. Please visit MassTLC's Voiting Page to view all the finalists, and consider voting for the ECOgrade solution. You can learn more about ECOgrade bags at http://www.ECOgradebag.com.
About GXT Green:
GXT Green, “where economics meets ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable shopping bags; the underlying ECOgrade Resin additive which can be used as cost effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc. http://www.GxtGreen.com.
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors and policy leaders. MassTLC’s purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests.
For more information about the MassTLC visit http://www.masstlc.org.
505 Middlesex Turnpike, Suite 11
Billerica, MA 01821