Don't Let Thieves Ruin A Great Vacation! Amica Insurance Offers Five Quick Travel Safety Tips
Going away this summer? Don't forget to protect money, luggage and valuables with these five tips from Amica Insurance.
LINCOLN, RI (PRWEB) July 23, 2012
Whether heading to the 2012 Olympic Games in London or escaping for a weekend getaway, vacationers should remember to take steps to protect their money, luggage and other valuables. Amica Insurance offers five quick reminders:
- Avoid bringing large amounts of cash. Carry one or two credit cards and use travelers checks when possible.
- Don’t bring valuable or irreplaceable jewelry, electronics or collectibles.
- Make sure each piece of luggage is labeled inside and out with your name, address and telephone number. This goes for carry-ons, too.
- Keep cash, credit cards, passports and airline tickets in the hotel safe. And keep your hotel door locked at all times.
- If you have to carry cash or credit cards, don’t keep them in handbags or outside pockets that are easy for thieves to access. Inside pockets and shoulder bags across the chest are safest.
“It’s also a good idea to leave a copy of your itinerary with a family member or friend who can contact you in the event of an emergency,” said Vince Burks, spokesman for Amica Insurance.
Here are a few other travel reminders from the USA.gov website:
- Remember to bring a photo identification card and updated passport if you’re traveling outside of the United States.
- Contact your doctor to see whether you need any immunizations before you travel to a foreign country.
- Don’t forget to bring any prescription medications you may need. Keep them in their original, labeled containers and carry copies of your prescriptions, including the generic names.
- If you’re traveling by air, review the Transportation Security Administration’s list of prohibited items to bring on airplanes.
“By using these simple safety tips, you can help protect yourself and your belongings -- making your vacation more enjoyable for everyone,” Burks said.
About Amica Mutual Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Company, the nation's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, with corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,100 people in 40 offices across the country.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.