...we’re proud of the role private equity is playing in improving care as well as making healthcare companies more efficient and effective...
(PRWEB) July 24, 2012
The Healthcare Private Equity Association (HCPEA) has announced its new leadership team, including representatives of some of the world’s foremost private equity firms. HCPEA was founded in 2010 by a group of private equity firms to support the reputation, knowledge and relationships of the healthcare private equity community. Its member firms represent approximately 250 professionals and hold roughly 400 healthcare portfolio companies.
HCPEA is coming off an active and successful year, having grown its membership to 50 firms, increased event activity, welcomed sponsors, and expanded member services and resources.
The Riverside Company’s Principal of Healthcare Joseph Ibrahim is HCPEA’s new President. He will lead the association in its next phase, which we anticipate will include additional member resources, as well as a significant policy effort to bolster the reputation of healthcare private equity investors.
The full slate of HCPEA officers is:
- Joseph Ibrahim of The Riverside Company, President
- Taylor Cole of Charterhouse Group, Treasurer
- Craig Frances M.D. of Summit Partners, Secretary & Policy
- Elizabeth Betten of Madison Dearborn Partners, VP Research
- Darren Black of SV Life Sciences, VP Services
- Aaron Lillybridge of Baird Capital Partners, VP Professional Development
- Jonathan Oka of Flexpoint Ford, VP of IT
- Barry Summers of Summer Street Capital Partners, VP Membership
- David Tamburri of Health Enterprise Partners, VP Annual Meeting
- Sandy Thompson of RoundTable Healthcare Partners, VP Products
- Brian Miller of Linden Capital Partners, Board – Chairman
- Michael Dal Bello of Blackstone Group, Director
- Chris Gordon of Bain Capital, Director
- Buddy Gumina of Apax Partners, Director
- Terry Hyman of Flexpoint Ford, Director
- David Katz of GTCR, Director
- Charles Patton of Oak Hill Capital Partners, Director
- Jeff Rhodes of TPG Capital, Director
- Tim Sullivan of Madison Dearborn Partners, Director
- Rob Weltman of GenStar Capital, Director
“It’s an exciting time to lead HCPEA,” said Ibrahim. “As healthcare expenditures increase around the world, we’re seeing more and more companies that generate cost savings and better outcomes through innovation and expense control, and we’re proud of the role private equity is playing in improving care as well as making healthcare companies more efficient and effective.”
The Healthcare Private Equity Association (HCPEA) is a non-profit trade association 501(c)(6) that represents the U.S. healthcare private equity industry. HCPEA’s mission is to support the reputation, knowledge and relationships of the healthcare private equity community.