Customers can easily and instantly authenticate their devices at home, or when connected to the Web over Optimum WiFi, so they can effortlessly watch NBC Olympics Live Extra streaming coverage whenever and wherever they want
Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) July 24, 2012
Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC), in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced that iO TV customers can enjoy NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games live and on-demand on multiple devices. iO TV customers can watch NBCUniversal’s unprecedented Olympic programming, including broadcast coverage, live online streaming, video on demand and mobile and tablet apps, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D. The London Summer Olympic Games commence on Wednesday, July 25 and run through Sunday, August 12. iO TV customers will have access to NBCUniversal’s full coverage, throughout the Games, including NBC’s live streaming available at no additional charge.
"The Olympic Games is a must-see event, and we’re pleased to offer remarkable access to 4,765 hours of NBCUniversal’s programming. We are providing our customers with multiple ways to experience NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2012 London Olympics whether they're at home or on the go," said Bradley Feldman, Cablevision’s vice president of video product management. "Viewers can watch NBCUniversal’s Olympic content on their big screen, online or on their mobile device as well as in 3D for the first time. Customers can easily and instantly authenticate their devices at home, or when connected to the Web over Optimum WiFi, so they can effortlessly watch NBC Olympics Live Extra streaming coverage whenever and wherever they want."
iO TV subscribers have access to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal that are included in their current subscription plan such as NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, and a 3D channel. Additionally, iO TV subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
Also, as part of an iO TV customer’s video subscription that includes Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends iO TV customers’ opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on iO TV Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who sign-in. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours from NBCUniversal networks, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that Cablevision customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. iO TV customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
3. Select Optimum
4. Enter your Optimum username and password
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal is offering two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app is available to verified iO TV customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via iO TV’s Video-On-Demand service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.
In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
- 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to iO TV customers. Inspiring 3D coverage of prior-day events will include track & field, swimming, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, diving, whitewater canoeing/kayaking, plus medal rounds of basketball and water polo. 3D programming will be available on channel 1300 from 5 a.m. to 7/8 p.m. ET beginning July 28 through August 13.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit http://www.NBCOlympics.com or http://optimum.net/Sports/olympics.
About NBC Olympics
A division of the NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal's Olympic coverage. It is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history.
Having produced every Summer Olympics since Seoul in 1988 and every Winter Olympics since Salt Lake City in 2002, the networks of NBCUniversal are synonymous with the Games in the United States. In 2011, NBCUniversal acquired the U.S. media rights on all platforms to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics, the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, and the 2020 Summer Olympics. At the conclusion of the 2020 Games, NBCUniversal will have presented 17 total Olympic Games and 11 consecutive, the most for a U.S. media company in both categories.
NBC has won an unprecedented 91 Emmy Awards for its Olympics coverage, as well as a prestigious Peabody Award for its presentation of the Beijing Opening Ceremony in 2008, which USA Today said was “the best overall Olympic experience ever provided by a U.S. network.”
In addition to its unsurpassed heritage and award-winning production, NBCUniversal is known for aggregating large Olympic audiences, as nine of the top 11 most-watched U.S. television events of all time are Olympic Games presented across the networks of NBCUniversal. The Beijing Summer Olympics rank No. 1 with 215 million viewers.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation's leading media and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations provide a full suite of advanced communications services that include iO TV® digital television, Optimum Online® high-speed Internet, and Optimum Voice® digital voice, all over state-of-the-art cable systems that pass nearly 6 million households and businesses across the New York tri-state area and throughout four Western states. Cablevision’s telecommunications properties also include its Optimum WiFi® wireless Internet, and its Optimum Lightpath® integrated business communications solutions. Cablevision serves the New York area with compelling local content through News 12 Networks, a local news leader; MSG Varsity, a suite of television and online services covering high school activities; and, Newsday Media Group, a business unit that includes Newsday, Long Island's leading daily newspaper, and amNewYork, the nation's most widely circulated free daily serving New York City. The company also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas throughout the New York tri-state area including the famed Ziegfeld Theatre, a frequent and historic venue for film premieres and events. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at http://www.cablevision.com.