Leaders of the petrochemical sector will convene in Singapore on 26-27 September at the 19th APS (Asia Petrochemical Summit) to discuss the industry’s prospects throughout Asia.
Singapore (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
Despite the cautious climate of the petrochemical industry, there appears to be a steady growth, as major petchem producers including Honam, Itochu Corporation, Petronas, PTT Global Chemical, ONGC, and the like move forward, exploring new prospects and possibilities in the industry. While some companies have invested in, or acquired petrochemical complexes, others prepare to tap into and commercialize reserves of alternative fuels such as shale gas.
Leaders of the petrochemical sector will convene in Singapore on 26-27 September at the 19th APS (Asia Petrochemical Summit) to discuss the industry’s prospects throughout Asia. The 1.5 day conference themed “Gearing Up for the Recovery!” will see key authorities analyze growth and outlook of the petrochemical industry in Korea, India, China, Middle East, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia, discuss the impact of shale gas in the Middle East, touch on the methanol market in Asia’s last frontier – Myanmar and review downstream markets of butadiene and styrene.
Among the top experts slated to share their views on petrochemical project financing, outlook in Asian countries, feedstock competitiveness and considerations, developments in olefins technology, aromatics market, bio-biobased chemicals, and others are:
- Mr. Ramakrishna Pataballa, Director of Structure Finance
- Mr. Phil Parker, Consultant
Former GM Business Development at Shell Chemicals
- Mr. Andrew Lee Fagg, Manager Energy & Chemicals Consulting
Nexant Asia Limited
- Mr. Shi Weimin, Director Asia Pacific
Tricon Energy Ltd
- Mr. Jasbir Singh Saini,
General Manager, GAIL (India) Ltd,
Chief Operating Officer, ONGC Petroaddition Ltd (OPaL)
- Ms. Kyung Sun, Seo, Executive Director, Consulting Dept
Chemical Market Research Inc./ChemLocus
- K T Han, Director of Petrochemicals Technology Business Unit
- Dr. Salman Fahad Al-Ajmi, Senior Business Analyst & Planner - Aromatics
Petrochemical Industries Company KSC (PIC)
- Mr. Steven Kantorowicz, Vice President Petrochemicals Asia
KBC Advanced Technology Pte Ltd
- Mr. Kanetsugu Zushi, GM of Styrene Marketing & Sales Dept
Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Dr. Marco Ziegler, Principal
McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Mr. Budi Susanto Sadiman, Vice Chairman for Business Development
The Indonesia Olefin Aromatic & Plastic Industry Association (INAPLAS)
- Mr. M Suhaimi Busra, Head of Sales, Methanol & MTBE
PETRONAS Chemicals Group
- David Myers, Product Line Manager – Olefins
UOP LLC, (Universal Oil Products ), A Honeywell Company
The conference, specially structured for coal and natural gas entities, refineries, plastics companies, traders in feedstock, olefins and aromatics, project financiers, technology licensors, energy consultants, and other international allied sectors of the petrochemical industry is now accepting registration.
One can obtain the full agenda for the 19th APS (Asia Petrochemical Summit), from the event website at http://www.cmtevents.com/aboutevent.aspx?ev=120944 and/or direct any enquiries to huiyan(at)cmtsp(dot)com(dot)sg or at 65 6346 9113