There is always a small chance that even those who take precautions will fall victim to burglary. For back up, it is important to purchase home insurance or renters insurance in Georgia.
Kennesaw, Georgia (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
The locally based Georgia agency, Dickerson Insurance Agency, provides tips to locals who are planning on vacationing this summer. It is important for homeowners and renters to understand that leaving their homes for any length of time can expose them to the risk of an unexpected burglary. While Georgia renters and home insurance will help protect residents from financial devastation, it is still best to find ways to prevent burglaries from occurring.
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), the total number of United States households affected by property crime in 2010 was 122,885,160. With that being said, it is important for homeowners to realize that leaving their home behind for even a few days could result in disaster.
The up-side to this: There are precautions that Georgia residents can take to lower the chance of a break-in. Here are just a few:
- Before leaving, stop all mail and newspaper deliveries. If not, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to collect them.
- Lock and secure all doors and windows; even those on the second level.
- Consider setting timers on indoor lamps, lights and even the television. This will give the illusion that someone is home.
- Ask a trusted friend, neighbor or family member to check on the home every few days.
- Park a car in the driveway to fool potential burglars.
- Turn down the volume on the answering machine.
- Avoid “advertising” absence on social media sites.
- Take in any spare keys that are hidden outdoors.
- Set an alarm before heading out.
Most importantly, it is important for Georgia residents to prepare for the worst case scenario. There is always a small chance that even those who take precautions will fall victim to burglary. For back up, it is important to purchase home insurance or renters insurance in Georgia.
Dickerson Insurance Agency is dedicated to providing the GA community with reliable and affordable coverage year-round. So before packing up and hitting the road this summer, go and speak with an agent. Residents will be glad they did!
About Dickerson Insurance Agency:
Dickerson Insurance Agency was established in 1989 by Jerry O. Dickerson, and has now transferred to second generation ownership. We are a local, independent insurance agency that is family owned and operated. We represent a carefully selected group of financially sound, reputable insurance companies. In order to determine clients’ individual needs, we perform a detailed risk analysis and place your coverage with the company that offers the most comprehensive protection and affordable price for your auto, home and business. With more than 160 years of combined experience, we are confident that the Dickerson Insurance Agency staff has the ability to solve any of your insurance needs.