Take advantage of resources that help save time and manage stress.
Neenah, Wis. (PRWEB) July 26, 2012
Being a caregiver is a challenging role, one that requires physical, mental and emotional health, says Lynn Wilson, Founder of The CareGiver Partnership. “It starts with a nutritious diet, plenty of exercise and quality sleep. But it also includes taking advantage of resources that help save time and manage stress, so a caregiver can take time off this summer to recharge.”
Wilson suggests the following resources for caregivers and seniors:
1. Home meal delivery. Services such as Mom’s Meals help in two ways: Good nutrition has a positive effect on a senior’s health, happiness and quality of life; and having freshly prepared nutritious meals delivered eliminates time spent shopping, preparing and cooking food. The cost per meal averages $6 to $7, special dietary foods are available, and meals stay fresh in a refrigerator for up to two weeks.
2. Monitoring and safety tools. Knowing a home is equipped with the right tools offers peace of mind and may allow a caregiver more free time. Caregivers can make their jobs easier with amplified big-button telephones, a fall monitor such as Lifeline, or a My Health Phone that provides medication alerts and access to health information.
3. Automatically scheduled home delivery. Services such as Never Run Out (sm) are time and energy savers for caregivers. Because the customer has the flexibility to automatically schedule doorstep delivery of incontinence and other products for home healthcare, it eliminates shopping time and the worry of running out of needed supplies. Discounts and free shipping on orders over $50 provide added value to caregivers.
4. Online retailers that offer overall value. The CareGiver Partnership offers convenience and value by providing personalized service from Product Specialists who are current or former caregivers, samples to try before buying, a vast selection of products from premium brands to lower-priced alternatives that are always in stock, and discounts through referrals, coupons and specials.
5. Support network. The key to a successful caregiving arrangement is having a network of support, from a friend or family member who can pitch in on a day off, to professional organizations that focus on supporting caregivers and seniors.
The CareGiver Partnership has collaborated with Caregivers’ Monday, an initiative of The Monday Campaigns, to publish a free downloadable guide, 25 Healthy Tips for Caregivers.
The CareGiver Partnership is a national direct-to-consumer retailer of home healthcare products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, daily living aids, nutrition support and more. In its sixth year of providing products and services that help caregivers and loved ones maintain personal dignity, the company also offers an online library of more than 1,200 family caregiver resources and personal service by experts in caregiving. Call 1-800-985-1353 or visit online.