Greenhouse Grower is proud to recognize excellence and achievement in the floriculture industry.
Willoughby, OH (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
Greenhouse Grower named the Medal of Excellence winners at their annual Evening of Excellence, held at the OFA Short Course in Columbus, Ohio. The Medal of Excellence portion of the event was sponsored through the generosity of the Landmark Plastic Corporation and Everris.
- Editors’ Choice went to PanAmerican Seed for the Pansy Cool Wave series. Greenhouse Grower’s editorial team traditionally presents the Editor’s Choice award for the best new introduction at the California Spring Trials.
- Industry’s Choice went to Benary for Begonia boliviensis ‘Santa Cruz Sunset’. The Industry’s Choice award is chosen by a panel of industry experts from plants introduced at the California Spring Trials.
- Reader’s Choice went to Blooms of Bressingham for Leucanthemum ×superbum ‘Freak.’ For the Reader’s Choice, breeders and plant introducers submit their best new plants in three categories – annuals, perennials and the “best of the rest,” which encompasses vegetables, tropicals, woody ornamentals and blooming potted plants. Greenhouse Grower readers vote for their favorite.
- The Industry Achievement Award went to Proven Winners, for using its “great plants and great marketing” strategy to build one of the most successful brands in the history of the industry. The Industry Achievement award is a “lifetime” achievement award that recognizes individuals, companies and organizations that have dedicated their life’s work to advancing varieties and the floriculture industry.
- The Excellence in Marketing Award went to Conard-Pyle, Co. (now Star Roses and Plants) for the Knock Out rose marketing campaign. The Excellence in Marketing award honors innovative marketing programs that generate consumer interest and demand. Programs that receive this award are not new; they have been tested in the marketplace for several years before consideration.
Greenhouse Grower is proud to recognize excellence and achievement in the floriculture industry. The Evening of Excellence is held annually at the OFA Short Course and is often referred to as the Oscars for greenhouse floriculture. More than 400 growers, suppliers and allied representatives regularly pack the room to recognize award recipients.
About Greenhouse Grower: Greenhouse Grower represents the best interests of the commercial greenhouse ornamentals industry with a focus on the knowledge and tools to sustain and enhance the industry’s vitality and profitable growth. Readers are growers of floriculture crops, including bedding plants, potted plants, fresh cut flowers, potted foliage plants, greenhouse vegetables, container perennials, plugs, woody ornamentals and other floriculture crops.
GreenhouseGrower.com is the digital location to find what’s new in the greenhouse industry. The site features top content from the print magazine and newsletters, featured video and content and viewpoints of our columnists and bloggers.
About Meister Media Worldwide: Meister Media Worldwide, headquartered in Willoughby, Ohio, provides integrated media solutions for worldwide specialized agriculture. A leader in the industry, the company provides information and networking opportunities to global markets, including fruits and citrus, vegetables, cotton, ornamental horticulture, precision agriculture, plant protection and Latin American agriculture. Founded in 1932, Meister Media Worldwide now produces 13 regular magazines, along with eNewsletters and more than 20 websites, as well as trade shows and exchange events. In addition, Meister produces custom print products, web development, videos and strategic business development services. Contact us at http://www.meistermedia.com.