Madison, WI (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
Weather Central, makers of the most viewed weather system in the world, today announced the availability of Interactive Radar 5™ for its media clients. The new radar widget is built using HTML5, making it easy for media companies to integrate the industry’s highest resolution radar within their web and mobile app content.
Interactive Radar 5 overcomes two significant hurdles faced by media companies:
1) Previous radar implementations required the use of specialized development technology such as Flash or third-party plug-ins that increased complexity and created opportunities for consumer frustration. Interactive Radar 5 makes full use of HTML 5 to allow display and interactivity across platforms.
2) By designing Interactive Radar 5 using a widget format, media companies can easily plug it into their existing web sites and apps with minimal development effort.
A demonstration of Interactive Radar 5 can be seen today at http://www.wxc.com/demo/ir5/.
“Mobile devices and tablets represent the strongest areas of traffic growth for our media company clients,” said Terry Casey, vice president of Digital at Weather Central. “Interactive Radar 5 makes it easier than ever for them to offer one of Weather Central’s most popular and compelling content resources as part of their online and mobile device-oriented presentations.”
Interactive Radar 5 offers unique features that enable media companies to offer their audiences the most compelling weather content including
- 250 Meter Radar: Users view radar down to street level, with the highest resolution radar in the industry
- 1 Km FutureCast®: Forecasts for temperature, sky condition, rain totals, ice totals, snow totals and more
- Pinpoint Content: Customizable, location-based icons highlight sponsors, webcams and more
- Severe Weather Storm Tracking: Identify greatest threats from dangerous storms
- Tropical Storm Tracker: Provides tracking for tropical depressions, tropical storms and hurricanes
For a complete look at Weather Central’s solutions visit http://www.wxc.com.
About Weather Central, LP Weather Central, LP, founded in 1974 by broadcasters and meteorologists based in Madison, Wisconsin, is the leading provider of professional on‐air, online, print, mobile and enterprise weather solutions and forecasting in North America and to major customers worldwide. Utilizing the Company’s dynamic weather graphics, precise forecast models and data, and patented technology, more than 1000 partners and hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide benefit from Weather Central’s attention to weather presentation, detail and insight.
© 2012 Weather Central, LP, Madison, Wis. All rights reserved. Product specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Weather Central LP, Fusion, Fusion Studio, :LIVE, GENESIS:LIVE, 3D:LIVE, ESP:LIVE, MagicTRAK, LiveLine GENESIS, A.D.O.N.I.S. MicroCast, A.D.O.N.I.S. FutureCast, StormSentinel DV, WxWarn2, ScreenWRITER, SportsWRITER, SimulCAST, X‐Vision, Storm Vitals, TelePath, RainVision, SnowVision, FunnelPATH, CellPATH, HailZONE, GustZONE, MessoPATH, Always‐On Training, Instant Mapping and WxPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Weather Central LP. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.