ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
Overseas travel is a wonderful, and sometimes rare, opportunity to explore new tastes, cultures and experiences. First time travelers, as well as seasoned globe trotters, should take time to plan and get organized prior to travel outside of their native country. ProtectYourBubble.com (http://us.protectyourbubble.com/travel-insurance/) shares some tips that can help consumers make the most of their trip overseas:
Protect Your Bubble’s Overseas Travel Tips:
- If visiting the tropics, consumers should be sure to learn when the country’s rain season begins and ends.
- Travelers should avoid hurricane-prone regions during August and September.
- Identifying the destination country’s low tourism seasons can often yield travel deals and lower airfare.
- Consumers can purchase travel protection for unexpected trip cancellation and/or natural disasters. Many resorts, airlines and cruise lines do not offer refunds.
- When packing, travelers should avoid bringing items that could make you stand out as a tourist. Avoid tennis shoes, waist packs, and cameras hanging from your neck.
- Everyone should follow local laws, customs and clothing to stay under the radar.
- Travelers are advised to use sunscreen and insect repellent as directed.
- Savvy consumers will plan ahead for potential injuries or illnesses by bringing necessary medications and consider travel insurance for any unexpected health issues while traveling.
- Carrying money, passport, and other valuables in a money belt, which is worn under clothing, will keep valuables out of sight from potential pick pocketers.
- Travelers should store valuables in hotel room safe. They can leave something in there as collateral so they won’t forget to retrieve the valuables before check-out. For example, one shoe they plan to wear when they check out. When you put on one shoe, they’ll remember that its mate is in the safe, along with the other valuables.
- Everyone who travels outside of the country should make a photo copy of their passport and store it somewhere safe in their luggage.
Purchasing a travel protection plan is easy (http://us.protectyourbubble.com/travel-insurance/). Protect Your Bubble plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options and Protect Your Bubble offers a convenient quote process, taking only two minutes to buy and receive a plan, all online. Consumers can learn more by visiting http://www.protectyourbubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA