New York, NY (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
Summer is the season of travel! DoubleTree by Hilton knows the “little things” mean everything when it comes to a memorable travel experience, which is why the hotel brand asked through social media what “little things” would make their travel experiences brighter. Based on more than 5,000 responses so far, the fast-growing hotel brand has taken the valuable feedback and hit the road for a year-round, 50-city tour to share some of those “little things” they requested.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Little Things Project is stopping in Sacramento (July 26), Portland (July 28) and Seattle (July 29) this month to offer tourists and locals a variety of “little things” experiences and giveaways to brighten their days, including:
- Local deals and offers, to provide exclusive bargains in the city;
- The sweet treat of one of DoubleTree by Hilton’s chocolate chip cookies – the brand’s legendary icon for warm and welcoming service;
- Free WiFi for visitors to stay connected during their day, relaxing in a lounge to send an email or go online;
- A “power bar” where visitors can take a moment to “recharge” by powering their electronics before heading to their next destination;
- And DoubleTree by Hilton will continue to listen and deliver those “little things” event attendees are telling us would brighten their days as the tour makes its way from city to city.
In addition to the event experience, Little Things Project ambassadors will be driving a “Swarm Car” throughout each city asking travelers via Twitter what “little things” would make their day brighter and surprising select lucky people by fulfilling their request. Caught in the rain and need an umbrella? Spilled coffee on your shirt and need a new one? Like a free cab ride to the airport? Consumers can tweet to @DoubleTree with their requests using #LittleThings for the Swarm Car to turn their request into a reality. Dozens of unique requests have already been delivered around the country, including: Champagne and dessert to celebrate an anniversary, prime tickets to popular Major League Baseball games including Braves and Padres, a lobster dinner, a birthday cake to celebrate a three-year-old’s birthday, beach toys for the Memorial Day holiday, gourmet popsicles and more.
Throughout the tour, the Little Things Project and local DoubleTree by Hilton hotel properties will also be visiting non-profits to give a “little” something back to the communities they visit.
People can follow the journey and submit new “little things” by visiting the DoubleTree by Hilton Facebook Page. People can also enter the Little Things Project Sweepstakes to win instant prizes and a $25,000 dream vacation getaway. Additionally, consumers can get an inside peek at tour stops through Instagram using #LittleThings, as well as follow the tour on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/doubletree) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/doubletreehotels).