This white paper gives us a deeper insight into how consumers use digital gift cards and shows how the digital platform can accelerate growth and increase revenue for retailers’ online gift card channel.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) July 26, 2012
Transaction Wireless, the leading provider of digital gift card solutions, today announced the launch of its latest white paper, entitled “Digital Gift Cards: A Growing Trend with Mobile and Social as the New Frontiers.” The white paper – which features a study conducted at the end of 2011 and was commissioned with Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company – offers detailed research and insights into the digital gifting realm, including:
- The shift towards digital gifting – online gift cards have risen to prominence in the past few years and are now used by nearly a third (28%) of retailers
- A large portion of retailers (61%) plan to use mobile gift cards
- The role of digital gifting – 43% of customers prefer to use the mobile medium for gift cards, while 31% prefer a website and 31% prefer Facebook
- 51% of retailers list the convenience for using gift cards on the mobile device as a top benefit of mobile gifting; the second most commonly cited benefit of mobile gift cards is their anytime, anywhere access
- 41% of retailers said that mobile gifting should provide an end-to-end, 360-degree unified shopper experience across multiple channels of sales and service
- According to 38% of retailers, personalization of mobile gifting is the most important element for securing customer adoption
The white paper is available for download at http://www.transactionwireless.com/news-and-events/whitepapers/ .
“Digital gift cards are fast becoming a reality in retail and are in fact surpassing the interest in traditional plastic gift cards,” said Thomas Niedbalski, Senior Vice President of Business and Client Development for Transaction Wireless. “Transaction Wireless is able to offer our customers, including Applebee’s and American Eagle Outfitters – who were mentioned in the white paper – greater convenience and ease-of-use on the digital platform. This white paper gives us a deeper insight into how consumers use digital gift cards and shows how the digital platform can accelerate growth and increase revenue for retailers’ online gift card channel.”