(PRWEB UK) 28 July 2012
Norland announced today that eight of its engineers have been awarded status as “Accredited Tier Specialists” by the Uptime Institute (UI). This follows intensive training to embed UI’s standard operating practices into the Norland service offer. Norland is already a leader in managing critical data centre environments. It is renowned in this market for reducing operational risk via its risk management methodology called CERM. Norland can now offer additional consultancy services to those of its data centre customers wanting to mitigate risk or seeking UI accreditation.
“Accredited Tier Specialist” is an accreditation awarded by the Uptime Institute - an independent consulting and research organisation focused on improving data centre performance and efficiency. Tier Specialists are typically senior managers directly responsible for data centre uptime. They are expert in ensuring that the critical facilities are designed, built and operated to meet the needs of the business. The Institute’s Management and Operations (M & O) stamp of approval validates the critical facilities management and operations practices of a data centre.
As Accredited Tier Specialists, Norland’s consultants will help customers maximise site availability and reduce the potential for downtime. They will help clients better understand their critical infrastructure risks and deliver site operations. Colocation and wholesale data centres or corporate organisations with their own enterprise facilities will be able to turn to Norland to assess their compliance with the expected Uptime behaviours and practices ahead of formally being assessed by the Uptime Institute. Norland is the first facilities management provider in Europe to fully endorse the Uptime Institute methodology and embed it as part of its standard approach to FM in a data centre environment.
Norland has led the way in critical environment risk management for over eight years and is recognised by the Uptime Institute as a premium data centre facilities management provider. As a member of the founding coalition for the new Uptime Management and Operations Stamp of approval, Norland played a significant role in helping to develop the new industry benchmark. Its focus on the human aspects of risk mitigation complements Norland’s own “Critical Environment Risk Management” (CERM) framework – a set of tools and procedures designed to highlight and reduce operational risk.
Tony Smith, Managing Director of Norland’s Critical Environment Services said: “With the recent recruitment of Mark Acton as Critical Product Director, this accreditation programme strengthens our ability to support our customers. Our extensive data centre expertise conforms to industry leading data centre management best practice and operational behaviours”.
About Norland Managed Services
- Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
- The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
- A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
- Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
- For more information about Norland, please visit http://www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306