Face with a Heart
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
Makeup Gourmet has assembled the most comprehensive foundation makeup kit for its students. This new offering is now being made available to the public.
Quality, weight and size, effectiveness, and affordability are all chief factors for makeup artists. This makeup kit is designed with all of these concerns in mind.
Makeup Gourmet founder Chris Scott worked with Chanel for 20 years. In his own brand’s creation, he looked to equal the quality of Chanel.
“I finally found what I was looking for, threw out all of my trusted Chanel foundation, and now use only my Makeup Gourmet Jojoba Liquid Foundation” says Mr. Scott.
Weight and size:
This foundation makeup kit is designed for portability. A majority of the packaging is super lightweight yet durable plastic. Thus the makeup kit travels well and takes up little room in the makeup artist’s overall kit.
Beyond getting 16 blend-able shades of foundation (a range to accommodate all skin tones), this kit provides everything else a makeup artist needs to complete any foundation look including:
- Jojoba liquid foundations- 16 shades from lightest to darkest, 1 oz each. This formula purposefully has no sunscreen so that it photographs well in any light. Jojoba is the oil found in nature that most closely resembles human sebum (oil). When applied to the skin, it assimilates quickly and harmoniously with our natural oils, making the foundation appear most like our natural skin.
- Foundation primer- A clear velvety finish undercoat to smooth any skin and increase the wear of foundation.
- Concealer/corrective 5-tone wheel – Contour/imperfection neutralizer/concealer set to maximize a flawless finish. This combination works with all skin tones.
- Yellow corrector cream wands- 2 additional shades of corrector for medium and darker skin tones.
- Eye shadow base- A dry-cream formula to brighten and neutralize the eyelid area before eyeshadow or alone for a natural look.
- Translucent powders- 5 shades from lightest to darkest to accommodate all skin tones.
- Lightweight/slim packaging- Products are packaged to minimize your kit weight and size.
Whether one is an emerging or existing makeup artist, assembling a makeup kit is a core and expensive element to being prepared. Makeup Gourmet takes pride in participating with a makeup artist’s success.
When bought piece by piece, this collection retails at $584. Makeup Gourmet, through bulk buying, can offer these complete foundation makeup kits for $295.
The color decisions a makeup artist makes for other elements of a makeup kit including eyes, lips, and cheeks are a personal preference and an ongoing process throughout any career.
On the other hand, the appearance of skin is up to far less artistic choice and more on a consistent and true finish every time.
This is why Makeup Gourmet confidently offers its Complete Foundation Makeup Kit.
Mr. Scott adds, “It is vital to be prepared to work with any skin-tone when on the job. This takes all the guesswork out of what you need in your kit”.
About Makeup Gourmet
Makeup Gourmet’s brand mantra is 'How to Apply | What to Buy', created by its San Francisco-based Founder and CEO Chris Scott. He is also the author of the 'Cosmetic Counter Survival Guide: How to Buy the Right Skin Care and Makeup', and creator/host of the Comcast produced TV show 'Makeup Gourmet'. Prior to starting Makeup Gourmet, Mr Scott was a leading Chanel Beaute national artist for over two decades. The company’s MUG Shot Studios in downtown San Francisco provides production space and services to the makeup, fashion, video and photography industries. He also currently teaches fashion makeup at the Academy of Art University.