San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 27, 2012
To celebrate the carefree spirit of the summer, Joie de Vivre Hotels is putting extra emphasis on the "play hard" part of the phrase "work hard, play hard" with the kick-off of their Ditch campaign, launching this week at six of JDV's boutique properties throughout the Southwest. We all need a day (or two, or three) to ditch the stresses of everyday life and go off the grid whether that means getting a tattoo followed by cocktails at Hotel Erwin in Venice Beach, or touring celebrity mansions followed by dinner at The Saguaro in Palm Springs. We've got something for everyone. All you need is an excuse to Ditch and in incognito photo taken upon check-in to prove your rebellion. Those with the best excuses and photos get entered to win a grand prize later in the year. The price of the package ranges per property - the desert hotels average $129.00 while the beach hotels average $249.00.
Here's the breakdown of how it works:
1) Pick a hotel. The choices are The Shorebreak Hotel in Huntington Beach, Pacific Edge in Laguna Beach, Hotel Erwin in Venice, Custom Hotel near LAX, The Saguaro in Palm Springs, and The Saguaro in Scottsdale.
2) Select an experience-based package based on the desired length of Ditch time and the activities you like. Rates vary depending on the property and time of week.
3) Find an event near your destination of choice to enhance the Ditch experience.
4) Tweet your best excuse for a chance to win a free 2-night stay at the property of your choice later in the year.
5) Take a photo upon arrival in a disguise provided by the hotel to share your experience while still being incognito. The best photo also wins a 2-night stay.
Ditch campaign and contests runs starting now thru November 15, 2012. Visit http://www.ditchcampaign.com for further information and details.
ABOUT JOIE DE VIVRE HOTELS:
From the day Joie de Vivre Hotels was founded in San Francisco in 1987 with the opening of the now iconic Phoenix Hotel, the boutique hotel company has made curating authentically local and eclectic experiences its signature. Over the past 25 years, Joie de Vivre has blazed a trail of unique properties across the U.S. Today, the company manages the largest collection of boutique properties in California as well as hotels in Chicago, Honolulu and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Joie de Vivre Hotels is a Commune Hotels & Resorts brand. Commune, a new lifestyle hotel group formed in October 2011, manages 45 properties under the distinctive Thompson Hotels and Joie de Vivre Hotels brands.