We decided to introduce online auctions as a way to further engage our clients’ customers, as well as a way to add another exciting element of gamification to the mix.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
Destination Rewards®, provider of customer loyalty, incentive and engagement solutions, announced results today from the rollout of their auctions functionality, that directly correlates to increased customer engagement and loyalty.
“Our proven loyalty strategies have always centered on our patented virtual currency and the ability to offer desirable redemption options,” said David Shaw, Destination Rewards Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Business and Product Development. “We decided to introduce online auctions as a way to further engage our clients’ customers, as well as a way to add another exciting element of gamification to the mix.”
By introducing auctions to select client programs, Destination Rewards saw the following results:
- Site visits increased between 130% and 244% in the first month following the auctions announcement email
- Customers who were “inactive” in the program for extended periods of time immediately reconnected
- Program registrations increased 26% to 188% during the first month of auctions
- 75% of customers visited other areas of the site while they were bidding on auctions – offering numerous additional opportunities for interaction.
- Overall site redemptions increased 38% to 252% over the first few months
- The increased demand for currency created new possibilities for additional earning opportunities that encourage desired customer behaviors
- Auction winners became the biggest program advocates, as seen through referrals
“As the first company in our industry to offer auctions on a loyalty platform, we are very pleased with the results,” said Shaw. “We are looking forward to further implementing auctions functionality in other client loyalty programs and will continue to monitor successes.”
About Destination Rewards®
Destination Rewards® is the industry's most innovative provider of zero liability rewards programs, specializing in loyalty, incentive and engagement solutions. Since inception in 2001, Destination Rewards has helped some of the world’s most successful brands, such as Experian, Citigroup and Humana, drive customer retention and influence behaviors at a fraction of the cost of traditional loyalty and incentive programs. They offer superior technology on a patented, customizable platform that includes a robust array of travel, merchandise, gift cards, premium local coupons, daily deals, auctions, sweepstakes, games and much more. Destination Rewards is a privately owned company headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. For more information please visit http://www.destinationrewards.com.