By striking an exclusive partnership with Tesco Clubcard we are aiming to help put some cash back into the family budget, so along with buying new tyres at low prices, customers can convert points earned on purchases into vouchers and discounts...
Edinburgh (PRWEB UK) 30 July 2012
This month Blackcircles.com further strengthened their Tesco Clubcard offer by presenting motorists with the opportunity to earn Quadruple points on Goodyear and Dunlop tyres.
At present, 150 Tesco Clubcard points entitles holders to £1.50 in vouchers, which can be spent on a whole host of activities - from the weekly grocery shopping to days out for the whole family, or, exchanged for Avios points, allowing you to supplement the cost of flying to some of the world’s most glamorous cities.
This new offering could entitle a customer of 1,302 Clubcard points on an average purchase of £325.54 on a full set of Goodyear tyres for a Ford Focus (in tyre size 205/55 R16).
Putting that into perspective, motorists would have to spend an estimated £2,546* on fuel in a Tesco Petrol forecourt to earn the same amount of Tesco Clubcard Points.
In the RAC’s Motoring Report 2012, it is reported that 20% percent of a person’s income is spent on motoring – up from 13.6% in 2007.
When considering that the average UK income, in July 2012, was £30,722 for men and £24,194 for women (according to statistics on payscale.com), that is an average annual spend of between £4,800 and £6,144 spent on motoring.
Mike Welch, Founder and Managing Director of Blackcircles.com, said “We are not turning our back on low prices, in fact we are lowering prices further, this deal with Tesco adds additional value to our offering on top of prices – it is our way of bringing more relevant value to our customers where it counts.
“By striking an exclusive partnership with Tesco Clubcard we are aiming to help put some cash back into the family budget, so along with buying new tyres at low prices, customers can convert points earned on purchases into vouchers and discounts off their weekly shop at Tesco.”
The tyre retailer’s aim of supplementing the family budget of motorists comes at a time when the cost of motoring is causing considerable damage to the budget of many households.
In the RAC’s annual motoring report, 5% of motorists said that they had cut family commitments to try and deal with the current cost of owning a car. Worryingly, this statistic is set to rise to 25% according to the respondents if costs rise further.
“We recently conducted a survey trying to get at the heart of what matters to motorists when they purchase a new set of tyres. The two factors that stood out, were that 64% of respondents had children and 50% stated price was important in helping them to decide on their next tyre purchase,” Mike Welch continued.
With essential shopping and children activities also taking hits in the family budget (5% and 10% respectively) the added value that Blackcircles.com believes motorists will gain from the Tesco Clubcard offering could not come at a better time.
(* Figure based on the cost of filling the 50L petrol tank of a Honda Civic at 134p/litre 38 times.)
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Launched in 2001, Blackcircles.com is a leading UK online tyre retailer with emphasis on competitive price points and added customer value.
- With headquarters in the Scottish borders town of Peebles, Blackcircles.com has grown through strategic ventures and partnerships with independently owned garages across the UK.
- The Managing Director of Blackcircles.com is Mike Welch, former Head of e-Commerce at Kwik Fit. The Chairman of Blackcircles.com is Graeme Bissett, former Group Finance Director of Kwik Fit.
- Blackcircles.com sells a comprehensive range of tyres for cars, vans and motorbikes, including high performance and 4x4 tyres available from all major brands.
- The company has a UK network of over 1300 fitting outlets from Thurso in Scotland to Truro in England, and sells to around 600,000 customers with a 98% satisfaction rating and 30% business referral rate every month.
- Over 220 of the independent garages are now part of the Premier Garage Scheme. This Premier network allows Blackcircles.com to further align itself with the expertise of local independent garages and bring more of the fitting centres into the Premier network.
- Tesco Clubcard points can now be earned when purchasing from the following tyre manufacturers on the Blackcircles.com website: