It goes beyond preventing a break-in during your off hours. Business owners should be thinking about 24/7 security issues like safeguarding customer data and limiting access to certain areas … keeping the perimeter of your building safe, too.”
Little Chute, WI (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
With an already-challenging business climate to contend with these days, companies need to be proactive about protecting all of their assets – from the people they employ to the valuables they sell and the property that surrounds them. This is where a comprehensive business security plan comes in.
As Matthew Bent, sales manager of Lappen Security Products in Little Chute, Wisconsin, explains, it’s not just about having trusty door locks or a single surveillance camera anymore. With security threats becoming more sophisticated in nature over the last several years – both internally and externally – he says it’s important to consider every area of a business and implement the most appropriate, all-encompassing game plan.
Bent shares, “To create a solid business security strategy, you need to factor in everything from company size, location and staffing to goods sold and audience served.” He adds, “It goes beyond preventing a break-in during your off hours. Business owners should be thinking about 24/7 security issues like safeguarding customer data and limiting access to certain areas … keeping the perimeter of your building safe, too.”
With security risks increasing, the ability to counter them is improving as well. Bent says the versatility of security products keeps advancing and extra features such as high-definition video recordings and better image quality continue to evolve.
While Bent advises that the right security plan is different for every business, he says there are key elements that apply to most and can be customized accordingly. He notes, “No two companies have the same exact security needs. A careful assessment is required to determine the best approach.” Some highlights of an integrated security plan include the professional installation of:
- Lock Systems – high-security door locks, key cylinders and hardware
- Exterior Doors – commercial-grade steel, fiberglass (FRP), wood and glass aluminum doors
- Life Safety Devices – fire alarm/smoke/CO detection units
- Video Surveillance – analog or high-definition megapixel closed circuit television (CCTV) monitoring equipment with flexible camera placement for on-site or remote viewing
- Intrusion Detection – state-of-the-art commercial burglar alarm systems to signal unauthorized entry
- Access Control – from door access to photo ID cards and fingerprint readers that track and limit admission to specified areas
- Security Gates – gate and turnstile options for better control of traffic
Established in 1953, Lappen Security Products is a full-service business and home security provider headquartered in Little Chute, Wisconsin. Lappen also provides commercial and residential locksmith services and features a showroom stocked with security doors, surveillance cameras, alarm systems and much more. For more information, visit http://www.lappensecurity.com.