The upgrade to Version 10 was one of our most ambitious single releases since we first launched Function Point as a software as a service (SaaS) offering in 2004
Vancouver, B.C. (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
Function Point Productivity Software Inc. (functionpoint.com), a worldwide leader in CRM, time tracking, invoicing and project management software for advertising agencies, design firms, and web development companies, is pleased to announce that it successfully launched Version 10 of it's software suite to its thousands of users on July 13th, 2012.
“The upgrade to Version 10 was one of our most ambitious single releases since we first launched Function Point as a software as a service (SaaS) offering in 2004 " stated fp founder and CEO Chris Wilson. Tate Lillies, VP of Business Operations went on to say that "we are very excited about where our product is heading and believe that this new release will provide major benefits right out of the gate as we continue to up the ante on delivering the most effective project management and workflow tool built specifically to help creative agencies increase productivity and profitability."
Function Point has been strategically re-writing its workflow management software with a focus on providing small to medium sized creative and design firms a business tool that will help increase profitability and ease the burden of clerical and financial work for service companies who want to maximize their billable time.
By developing the new task management and scheduling components of the system along with financial views, the company is not only trying to simplify a project manager's job, it is trying to provide everyone in the agency with a view into the work that they are doing.
Highlights of the upgrade:
- Added 'Percent Complete' to tasks
- Added 'Quick Status Change' drop-down to the dashboard
- Replaces timelines feature found in estimates
- Replaceable 'Task List' label: defaults to 'Schedule' but can be changed to whatever you want
- Create and manage related tasks quickly and easily including quick edits and time adjustments
- Schedules are manageable from everywhere they are visible
- Schedules can be searched from Schedules find page
- Task Lists are displayed on Company, Project, Estimate, Job and Task details pages
- Generate Estimates directly from Schedules (including mapping tasks to services)
- Any Schedule can be used directly as a template, or saved as a template for later use
- Create a complete estimate directly from a Schedule
- This feature includes the ability to directly tie tasks to a service and have all related time total up on the estimate
- Schedules can be generated directly from a job details page
- Schedules connected to a job are now available on the job details page under the 'Schedules' tab
- Task Lists on job details page focuses on financial data in their task trees
- View all Schedules associated with a given Company
- View all Schedules associated with a given Project
- A 'Briefs' tab has been added to the Projects module
- A Brief can now be attached directly to a Project without being attached to a Job
- Multiple Briefs can now be added to a Project or Job
- 'Add Project" is now available on the brief page details page
- 'Add Link' button has been added to Companies, Projects and Jobs (permissions must be updated to view)
- This new functionality gives users the ability to add applicable urls with short descriptions and a source
About Function Point
Function Point Productivity Software Inc. (Function Point) is a web-based software as a service (SaaS) company, and is located in Vancouver B.C. The company was founded in 1997 and is a leader in workflow management software for advertising agencies, design firms, and web development companies. The software includes modules for customer relationship management (CRM), creative agency timesheet and job tracking, project management, purchase orders (PO’s), basic insertion orders, expense tracking and invoicing, as well as optional components for client collaboration, online design proofing and an integration to popular accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Simply Accounting. There are currently over 4000 active clients using the system as their primary task and project management tool.
With clients around the world, including Canada, the United States, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, Europe, Australia, South Africa and the Caribbean, the Company is truly international and continues to work hard at creating the perfect business tool for increasing agency efficiency and profitability. Companies in all facets of the creative industries us Function Point, including ad agencies, digital agencies, Web development companies, interior designers, architects and consultants to name a few.
The company prides itself on its best-in-class customer service, and backs everything with a 60-day, 100% money back guarantee.
To help improve client profitability by providing a single, integrated solution for managing the day-to-day challenges of running a growing creative services company.