MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
Jostens, a leading producer of yearbooks and student-created content, and 14 yearbook customers were named recipients of 2012 Premier Print Awards from the Printing Industries of America. The Premier Print Awards is the world’s most prestigious international printing competition and recognizes the greatest print pieces in the world. Jostens was honored with a record 14 out of 19 yearbook awards, including an Award of Recognition and 13 Certificates of Merit in the School Yearbook Category.
Penn State’s La Vie 2012 and Jostens earned a first place Award of Recognition, one of the top honors in the 2012 Premier Print Awards. Penn State’s La Vie 2012, printed by Jostens, was chosen as a first place winner from all School Yearbook Category submissions. First place Award of Recognitions are awarded to less than 2% of all entries.
Along with the Award of Recognition honor, Jostens received 13 Certificates of Merit, awarded to approximately five to 10 percent of all entries. The following Jostens’ projects were also recognized:
- CHANTICLEER 2011, Duke University
- CORNELLIAN 2012, Cornell University
- EL PAISANO 2012, Westlake High School
- EUTRUSCAN 2011, Glenbrook South High School
- HARVARD 376, 2012, Harvard University
- HOWITZER 2011, United States Military Academy, West Point
- MICHIGANENSIAN 2012, University of Michigan
- RETROSPECT 2011, Case Western Reserve University
- RED CEDAR LOG 2011, Michigan State University
- SOUND 2011, Long Island University
- SUB TURRI 2012, Boston College
- THE LEGEND, McIntosh High School
- THE PRIDE 2012, Starr’s Mill High School
The competition receives more than 3,000 entries across all forms of print. The criterion for the competition is based on the overall look of the finished publication. Criteria include quality of photography, design expertise, print quality, and final binding.
Minneapolis-based Jostens is a leading producer of school yearbooks, memory books and other student-created content that help school communities tell their stories. The company's products also include scholastic products such as class rings and graduation products and products for athletic champions and their fans. Jostens is a subsidiary of Visant Corporation, a marketing and publishing services enterprise servicing the school affinity, direct marketing, fragrance and cosmetics sampling and educational and trade publishing segments.