Any theological educator is welcome to sign up for the MOOC at hacsmooc.cc.
Virgnia Beach, VA (PRWEB) August 06, 2012
Edvance360, a leading provider of eLearning services and software solutions and a CODiE 2011 winner, announced a partnership with Holy Apostles College & Seminary and the Catholic Distance Learning Network to provide a Massive Online Open Course covering material from two certification programs at no cost to participants in the fall 2012 semester.
“In collaboration with the Seminary Department of the National Catholic Educational Association, we at Holy Apostles College & Seminary are excited to announce our free, online open course, which will be available to more than five dozen Catholic seminaries, several hundred Catholic high schools, and almost two hundred Protestant mainline and evangelical theological schools. These materials from the Catholic Distance Learning Network’s certification courses will be provided at no cost to participants. Any theological educator is welcome to sign up for the MOOC at http://www.hacsmooc.cc,” said Sebastian Mahfood, Director of Distance Learning at Holy Apostles College & Seminary. “We chose to partner with Edvance360 because we found their tools to be robust, yet easy to use. Students taking these open courses will not require special training to use the Edvance360 tools.”
We invite you to consider joining Edvance360. We offer:
- Unparalleled Personal Support – Edvance360 is a demonstrated leader in its commitment to personalized support for its clients.
- Affordable Pricing – Edvance360’s pricing is significantly lower than any of the other commercial vendors. Pricing is regularly 30%-50% below competitor prices.
- Forward-Thinking Commitment – Edvance360 was the first LMS to combine social networking and other Web 2.0 tools (Wikis, Blogs, RSS feeds, etc.) with the academic features in a Learner Management System.
- Open Standards and Specifications – Edvance360 supports SCORM and Common Cartridge
- Learning Outcomes Management (LOM) – Use our intuitive LOM tools to assess and manage learning outcomes on student, course, and institutional levels (no additional cost).
- ePortfolios – Enables students at colleges to manage a professional portfolio containing skills developed, documents published, experience gained, and recommendations garnered from teachers (no additional cost).
Edvance360 is an Internet-based Learner Management System (LMS) and secure social network that enables institutions to implement a successful online academic program. Edvance360 equips schools, corporations, and organizations to host online courses, implement modular courses, and revitalize residential courses. Edvance360 was designed by educators for educators, with insight provided by many of the leading educational design experts.
Our clients enjoy a high return on their investment, personalized support, and customizable solutions. We do not believe a one-size-fits-all approach is beneficial to our clients, so we are committed to adapting Edvance360 to fit the needs of the rapidly changing world of education.
Edvance360 is headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, with operations in Valdosta, Georgia. For more information, please visit http://www.Edvance360.com or call 866-458-0360.
Edvance360 and the Edvance360 logo are trademarks of Edvance360 Corporation. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Holy Apostles College & Seminary
Holy Apostles was founded in 1956 in Cromwell, Connecticut, by The Very Rev. Eusebe M. Menard, O.F.M., to provide a college level program of education and formation for men discerning a vocation to the priesthood. Its mission is to cultivate lay, consecrated and ordained Catholic leaders for the purpose of evangelization.
Holy Apostles offers two completely online Master of Arts programs in Theology and Philosophy and also offers online coursework on the undergraduate level. More information about these programs can be found on its website at http://www.holyapostles.edu.
Holy Apostles College and Seminary has been accredited for over three decades. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges is the oldest regional accrediting agency in the United States, evaluating more than 250 degree-granting colleges, universities and other institutions in the six-state region. In 2006 Holy Apostles was re-accredited by NEASC for the maximum of 10 years.