Better savers make better shoppers.
(PRWEB) August 02, 2012
As scorching temperatures continue to set heat records across the country, Sherry Tingley, founder of Coolchecks.net and lead contributor on her company’s popular personal finance blog, is offering 20 valuable tips to help people cool down their spending and turn up the savings this summer.
“Sometimes when the thermometer goes up, your living costs do likewise,” writes Tingley. “A bit of careful planning and creative budgeting can keep costs under control while adding to your enjoyment of the season.”
Some of Tingley’s practical money saving tips for summer are:
- Turning off the air conditioning, or at least replacing dirty air conditioning filters.
- Avoiding expensive trips to the pool by purchasing a low-cost “slip and slide” plastic strip to keep kids happy and cool.
- Keeping showers short – ideally under 10 minutes – and using a low-flow shower head.
- Signing up for a training course now instead of waiting until the fall, when prices typically rise due to increased demand.
- Choosing to vacation at home vs. taking a costly trip full of expenses that really don’t deliver value
- Making iced tea, lemonade, and other refreshing summertime drinks vs. buying them daily or weekly
*…and several more practical, insightful and effective money saving tips
Added Tingley: “Saving money certainly isn’t seasonal. It’s a year long habit. And it’s well known that better savers make better shoppers. Savers also have less debt, less stress, and are more in control over their financial future. And these days, with so much economic uncertainty, more control is definitely a step in the right direction.”
A full list of Tingley’s 20 money savings tips for summer is available on her personal finance blog. Access is free, no registration is required, and visitors are invited to comment and share their best money saving tips.
For more information or media inquiries, contact Sherry Tingley at sherry(at)coolchecks(dot)net.
Led by its Founder Sherry Tingley, Coolchecks.net helps people save money when ordering checks online from several leading check printing companies. The company’s small business and personal finance blog features a wide selection of practical articles, advice, insights and tools for small business owners and individuals. Learn more at Coolchecks.net