Southlake, TX (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
Southlake Chamber of Commerce announces this year’s Oktoberfest will take place October 5-7 at Southlake Town Square. Presented by Texas Nissan of Grapevine, approximately 50,000 people are expected to attend the three-day event. Admission is free to the public.
As one of the most popular Oktoberfest celebrations in Dallas-Fort Worth, Southlake Oktoberfest features a wide variety of activities for both adults and children:
- Approximately 100 arts and crafts exhibitors selling handmade wares
- Food vendors serving everything from hamburgers to bratwurst
- Die Festalle (festival) tent serving a variety of beer and wine
- Newly created “Sports Zone” featuring a 9x16 foot “jumbo tron” television screen airing college and NFL games
- Wiener dog parade, costume contest and races –online registration available
- Children’s area with games, train rides, bounce houses and rock climbing wall
Live entertainment will take place throughout the weekend, including both local performers and headlining acts:
- Friday - Emerald City
- Saturday - Le Freak
- Sunday - Professor D
Southlake Oktoberfest is free admission to the public. Hours of operation are Friday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For additional information, contact the Southlake Chamber office at 817-481-8200 or go to http://www.OktoberfestSouthlake.com.