We’re excited to see the tremendous variety of companies that are adopting BuyDesign as their product configuration and guided selling platform going forward.
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
TDCI Inc. (TDCI), the leading provider of configurator-based software, announced today that software license revenues for the company’s BuyDesign Product Configurator and Guided Selling solutions more than doubled in the first half of 2012 as compared with the same period in 2011. Total software and services revenue increased 42% and the company added 45 new BuyDesign customers.
BuyDesign is a comprehensive configure-price-quote (CPQ) solution developed to streamline the sales process for customized products. BuyDesign helps companies that manufacture products with a wide range of features, options, and dimensions increase sales by becoming ‘easy to do business with’ while at the same time reducing order processing time, cost, and errors.
New BuyDesign customers were added in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. They spanned a wide range of industries, including equipment & machinery, specialty vehicles, industrial instrumentation, gaming systems, high tech, aerospace, custom print and packaging products, engineered tents, garage doors, commercial and residential windows & doors, furniture, HVAC equipment, and more.
New customers licensed BuyDesign for use with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Infor ERP SyteLine, Infor ERP LN, Infor ERP XA, Infor ERP SX.e, ERP Oracle e-Business Suite, and other ERP and eCommerce systems.
Representative examples of companies selecting BuyDesign in the first half of 2012 illustrate the wide range of industries where BuyDesign is being implemented:
- Creative Tent International – manufacturer of engineered portable structures and tents for worldwide events
- Display Pack – manufacturer of consumer product packaging
- ILC Dover – manufacturer of aerospace & defense products such as space suits, airships, engineered inflatable’s, personal protection equipment, containment products and specialty materials.
- Headwaters, Inc. – producer of building products and construction materials
- Overhead Door – international manufacturer of doors and openers for residential, commercial, industrial and transportation applications
- Smith Brothers of Berne – a North American manufacturer of fine residential furniture
“We’re excited to see the tremendous variety of companies that are adopting BuyDesign as their product configuration and guided selling platform going forward,” said Dan Demuth, TDCI CEO. “More and more companies are offering customized products today, and we are proud to be working with so many of them to improve their sales effectiveness, and to streamline their sales and manufacturing processes. We’re also very pleased to see the growth of companies using BuyDesign within the Microsoft Dynamics and Infor ERP communities, as well as with Oracle and other ERP systems.”
Other important TDCI activities in the first half of 2012 included:
- The naming of Bob Irwin, former CEO of Sterling Commerce, as TDCI’s new President
- The launch of BuyDesign 8 with New Mobility, User Productivity and Integration Capabilities
- Sponsorship of an Aberdeen Group webcast titled: “Leveraging Configure/Price/Quote to Reduce Pipeline Friction: How the Best-in-Class Enable a More Efficient Sales Funnel”
- Announcement of TDCI’s membership in the SolidWorks Partner Program
- Announcement of a new Solution Partner relationship with LiquidPixels for dynamic generation of photorealistic images
About TDCI and BuyDesign
TDCI (http://www.tdci.com) specializes in helping manufacturers and their distributors streamline the buying process for customized products. TDCI’s BuyDesign® software is a comprehensive web-based product configurator and guided selling solution developed to help companies increase sales by becoming ‘easy to do business with’ while improving profitability by reducing order processing time, cost, and errors. Built using a powerful product configurator, BuyDesign provides modular applications for guided product selection and configuration, product visualization, quoting and ordering, drawing and data generation, consumer interest creation, and more.