ATHENS, Georgia (PRWEB) August 02, 2012
The Application Fundamentals of Aluminum Closures (AFAC) Conference will be held on September 11 and 12 in Athens, Georgia. The conference, hosted by Fowler Products, features panelists and presenters from major closure, bottle, and equipment manufacturing organizations.
The AFAC Conference is for brand owners considering aluminum closures for packaging, packaging engineers who want to gain a better understanding of performance parameters, and quality assurance, maintenance, changeover and set-up personnel with current or future responsibilities for working with aluminum closures.
Panelists will include experts from cap suppliers, manufacturers of glass, PET, aluminum bottles, and capping machine personnel from Fowler Products and Zalkin. A plant tour of Fowler Products will include a demonstration of a Fowler/Zalkin 6-head capper. Key areas of AFAC Conference discussion include:
- Advantages of aluminum caps as a decorative closure for packaging
- Unique functionality advantages of specialized aluminum closures with pouring fitments, non-refill fitments, flame arresting fitments, and more…
- Basic functionality and principles of roll-on aluminum caps as a closure system
- Characteristics of glass, PET, and aluminum bottles and their performance interactions with ROPP closures
- Operating principles of roll-on sealing heads and understanding their adjustment and set-up
- Repair / Maintenance of sealing heads – Hands-on sessions with Fowler and Zalkin service experts
- Understanding quality control measurements, definition of terms, and the instrumentation and
procedures used to perform tests
- Recognizing quality defects and troubleshooting procedures to provide corrective action
“There hasn’t been a comparable conference on aluminum closures for a number of years,” said Don Cotney, President and General Manager Fowler Products. “There is a wealth of new information available and a growing number of people in all areas of packaging who will benefit from this focused conference. It will be well worth everyone’s time.”
Cotney explained the conference will help educate, train, and promote proficiency in understanding the fundamentals of aluminum caps as a closure for bottles and the roll-on capping technology that is used to apply them. The conference will provide attendees with both classroom and hands-on training on closure systems and capping machinery.
The AFAC is being held at the Classic Center in historic downtown Athens, about a 90-minute drive from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta. There is no fee to register and attend the AFAC Conference. For more information contact: Andy Monroe 706-549-3300 ext. 156, amonroe(at)fowlerproducts.com; Mike Malpass 706-549-3300 ext. 135, mmalpass(at)fowlerproducts.com; or visit http://www.fowlerproducts.com for registration, accommodation, and transportation details.
Fowler Products was founded in Athens, Georgia, in 1952. The company has partnerships with Andre Zalkin & CIE, Perrier Bottling Systems, and Claranor, all French companies. In 2000, Fowler became a division of the Pro Mach group of packaging companies. For more information on Fowler products, services, and contacts, please visit http://www.fowlerproducts.com.
About Pro Mach
Pro Mach, Cincinnati, Ohio, is a leading provider of integrated packaging products and solutions for food, beverage, household goods, pharmaceutical, and other diverse consumer and industrial companies. Through three business units and related divisions, Pro Mach provides equipment, training, installation, and parts in primary packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. http://www.ProMachInc.com