We're delighted to have received these awards and proud that the fruits of our labour have been internationally recognised.
Glasgow, United Kingdom (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
Morrison Bowmore Distillers, the leading producer of Single Malt Scotch Whisky, has further exemplified its company vision as the Single Malt Specialist, by winning a series of prestigious industry awards this year for its remarkable spirits.
The Glasgow-based company is the producer of four major brands of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies – Auchentoshan, Bowmore, Glen Garioch and McClelland’s – and possesses over 200 years of whisky making experience combined. This year, these exceptional whiskies have won the following awards:
International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC)
- Gold – Auchentoshan Three Wood
- Silver Outstanding – Bowmore 15 Years Old ‘Darkest’
- Silver Outstanding – Glen Garioch 12 Years Old
World Whiskies Awards:
- Best Islay – Bowmore Maltman’s Selection
- Best Lowland – Auchentoshan 1999 Wine Matured
- Best Highland (12 Years Old & under) – Glen Garioch 12 Years Old
San Francisco World Spirits:
- Double Gold – Auchentoshan Three Wood
- Double Gold – Glen Garioch Founders Reserve
- Gold – Bowmore 12 Years Old
The Spirits Business Scotch Whisky Masters:
- Gold Islay Single Malt – Bowmore 12 Years Old
- Gold Islay Single Malt – Bowmore 15 Years Old ‘Darkest’
Ultimate Spirits Challenge:
- 96 points/Finalist/Extraordinary - Ultimate Recommendation - Bowmore 18 Years Old
- 94 points/Excellent-Highly Recommended - Auchentoshan Three Wood
- 94 points/Excellent-Highly Recommended - Bowmore 12 Years Old
- 94 points/Excellent-Highly Recommended - Bowmore 15 Years Old ‘Darkest’
- 94 points/Excellent-Highly Recommended - Glen Garioch Founders Reserve
- 94 points/Excellent-Highly Recommended - Glen Garioch 12 Years Old
Ultimate Cocktail Challenge:
- Chairman’s Trophy – Best Scotch Whisky in a Blood & Sand cocktail - Glen Garioch 12 Years Old
- Chairman’s Trophy – Best Scotch Whisky in a Rusty Nail cocktail - Auchentoshan Three Wood
Since leaving the blended scotch market in 2006, Morrison Bowmore Distillers has focused solely on the development of its world class Single Malt brands. As a close-knit company of only 200 individuals, the company is passionate about all aspects of Single Malt production, from investing in the best quality wood, to quality control, to its globally sought-after limited editions portfolio. The strategy has seen the firm invest £5.4m in an ambitious project to upgrade and expand its Glasgow based bottling, blending and office facilities.
The idea of maintenance of traditional values and innovation in the marketplace is also directly behind the creation of its new corporate logo, which sees them rebrand as MBD to clarify their desire to be seen as The Single Malt Specialist. The copper still signifies its adherence to time-honoured traditions yet the overall logo retains a contemporary look and feel.
As further evidence of our confidence in the Single Malt market we have repackaged and extended the Bowmore and McClelland’s ranges as well as launching a new range of Auchentoshan, Scotland’s only triple distilled Single Malt, exclusively for the global travel retail market. All done in the first half of 2012.
Mike Keiller, CEO, Morrison Bowmore Distillers comments, “We're delighted to have received these awards and proud that the fruits of our labour have been internationally recognised. We're a small company, with a dedicated team who give our all to realise our vision of being the Single Malt specialist. As anyone in the industry will understand, Single Malt production requires care and patience, and the investment we're putting in is reaping its rewards.”
ABOUT MORRISON BOWMORE DISTILLERS
Founded in 1951, Morrison Bowmore Distillers Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Suntory Limited and is one of the major names in Scotch whisky. With three Malt Whisky Distilleries situated in the major production areas of Islay (Bowmore), the Highlands (Glen Garioch) and the Lowlands (Auchentoshan), as well as significant blending, bottling and warehousing facilities, the company has established a leading role in the export of Single Malts. The success of Morrison Bowmore Distillers Limited is based upon maintenance of traditional values and innovation in the marketplace.
For further press information, interviews and images, please contact Manuela Savona at Savona Communications, manuela(at)savonacommunications(dot)com, 917.969.1275