Be sensible when you are buying your van; if you only need a small van then do not buy a large one as generally speaking, the larger the van, the more expensive your insurance quote will be
(PRWEB UK) 1 August 2012
Comparison experts at Cost.co.uk are known for sourcing their customers with the best deals for all insurance, monetary, travel and utility products. The Cost professionals also produce impartial information for their online users to help them make an informed decision on these subjects. The information is produced by way of advice guides and tip sheets with the latest focusing on what first-time van buyers should know about insurance before they choose their van.
Cost’s insurance says:
“Van insurance is not the same as car insurance, there are many different factors that will influence your premium’s cost. If you’re a first-time van buyer, there are a few things you should know that will impact your quote”.
- Be sensible when you are buying your van; if you only need a small van then do not buy a large one as generally speaking, the larger the van, the more expensive your insurance quote will be. This is because heavier vans are considered to be harder to drive and more expensive to fix.
- Insurers use five main categories of van for deciding the insurance group: car-derived van, micro-vans, small or light vans, medium or panel and large vans.
- The type of van you choose will impact greatly on your insurance premium. Insurance companies categorise vans by rating groups; one being the lowest risk (therefore cheapest) and twenty being the highest (most expensive).
- If a van weighs more than 3.5 tonnes when loaded, it cannot be insured as a Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV). Instead it must be insured as a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) which will obviously increase you premium.
- You should also consider looking at alternative models of the same make of van that you are interested in purchasing. Most manufacturers will have very similar models in the same van range which has a different engine size for example, that will likely reduce your quote.
Cost also provides its consumers with the latest industry developments in news bulletins.
Based in Essex, Cost is one of the UK’s leading price comparison sites. Allowing their online customers access to companies offering a range of insurance, financial and travel services, the firm specialise in providing a personal experience. Founded in 2012, the agency has a trusted reputation for sourcing the most ideal policies at affordable prices.