“The movie brings us up close into the lives of these animals and that’s what makes it so interesting. There’s no getting around the utter fascination of life in the raw,”
National Harbor, MD (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
REELZCHANNEL’s Leonard Maltin, host of “Maltin on Movies” and author of the New York Times bestseller, “Leonard Maltin’s 2012 Movie Guide,” reviews “Chimpanzee,” one of a number of films coming throughout August to Movies on Demand on cable.
“What distinguishes this film is the Disney touch: a knack for personalizing the daily challenge faced by these animals by giving each one a name, and setting up the kind of story that audiences of all ages can relate to,” said Maltin. “The movie brings us up close into the lives of these animals and that’s what makes it so interesting. There’s no getting around the utter fascination of life in the raw,” he said.
This summer, Movies on Demand on cable has something for every member of the family. Best of all, every movie listed on the menu is always in stock and available instantly, without ever having to leave your home. All it takes is a click of the remote. Movie lovers searching for other new releases, can access a list of the latest films now playing on Movies on Demand at http://www.rentmoviesondemand.com.
Here are some of offerings on Movies on Demand in August:
- The Green Wave (starts 8.10 same day as theatrical)—documentary
- Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day (starts 8.10)—starring Sharon Leal and Blair Underwood
- The Raid: Redemption (starts 8.14)—starring Joe Taslim and Iko Uwais
- The Hunger Games (starts 8.18)—starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson
- Chimpanzee (starts 8.21) – documentary narrated by Tim Allen
- Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (starts 8.221)— voices of Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and Taylor Swift
- The Dictator (starts 8.21)—starring Sacha Baron Cohen and Ana Faris
- A Separation (starts 8.21) – starring Leila Hatami and Peyman Moadi
- Bernie (starts 8.21) – starring Jack Black and Shirley MacLaine
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits (starts 8.28) – voices of Hugh Grant and Salma Hayek
- Think Like a Man (starts 8.28) – starring Michael Ealy and Jerry Ferrara
- Battleship (starts 8.28) – starring Liam Neeson and Brooklyn Decker
- The Lucky One (starts 8.28) – starring Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling
REELZCHANNEL—TV About Movies® is the only cable and satellite network delivering entertaining and informative programming that is all about movies, including the celebrities, fashion, music and stories behind the stories. The network is also home to ambitious television events, mini-series and series featuring big stories and big stars as seen with the Emmy®-winning mini-series The Kennedys. With shows featuring movie and entertainment experts, including Leonard Maltin, Richard Roeper and Sam Rubin, viewers get trusted insight into movies wherever they’re playing, whether in theaters or at home.
REELZCHANNEL reaches more than 63 million homes on DIRECTV channel 238, Dish Network channel 299, Verizon FiOS TV channel 233, AT&T U-verse channels 799/1799HD and cable systems nationwide. Find REELZCHANNEL in your area by entering your zip code at http://www.reelz.com/watch. Owned by Hubbard Media Group, REELZCHANNEL is headquartered in Albuquerque, NM with an entertainment bureau in Los Angeles.
For more information, please contact the REELZCHANNEL Media Line
877- REELZTV (733-5988) / pr(at)reelz(dot)com
About Movies on Demand® On Cable
The Movies on Demand® initiative is an integrated marketing campaign produced by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) Marketing Co-op. The cable company sponsors include Armstrong, Atlantic Broadband, BendBroadband, Bright House Networks, Comcast, Cox Communications, iO TV, Mediacom, Suddenlink and Time Warner Cable. The studios include 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, NBCUniversal, Paramount, Relativity, Sony/Columbia, Summit Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. The initiative is also supported by CTAM corporate partner, iN DEMAND.
For Media Inquiries Contact:
Jason D. King, ABC
Senior Director of Communications & Media Relations