(PRWEB) August 01, 2012
For Immediate Release
Summer/Fall 2012: What’s New in San Francisco?
The latest edition of “What’s New in San Francisco” is now available at http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/media/SummerFall-2012-Whats-New-in-San-Francisco.html.
- $56 Million Moscone Center Renovations Completed on May 15, 2012.
- Golden State Warriors Announce Plan to Build Arena on San Francisco Waterfront by 2017
- San Francisco Visitor Information Center Returns to Hallidie Plaza Location July 23, 2012
- San Francisco’s New Pier 27 Cruise Terminal/America’s Cup center “Tops Out”
- New METREON Opens First Phase of Transformation, CityTarget Opening in October 2012
- San Francisco Hosts America’s Cup World Series Races DATES
- Hotel renovations include San Francisco Union Square, Kimpton’s Hotel Triton, Hotel Adagio, Mandarin Oriental, Radisson Hotel Fisherman’s Wharf, and Renoir Hotel
- SHN Upcoming Shows Include “War Horse,” “Diner,” “The Lion King” and “The Book of Mormon”
- SFJAZZ Center Opens on Birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Jan. 21, 2013
- Teatro ZinZanni Reopens in new home ____ 2013
- Restaurant News from Press Club, Cako and E&O. Openings include Bask, Brasserie S&P, Burritt Room + Tavern, Lucky Strike San Francisco, Original Joe's, Sauce Belden, Wo Hing General Store, Sweet Inspiration Bakery Café
- Museum of Craft and Design (MCD) Moves to San Francisco’s Dogpatch Neighborhood in Fall 2012
- Earthquake Exhibit “Rumbles” into California Academy of Sciences as of May 26, 2012
- Walt Disney Family Museum Adds New Monthly After-Hours Party “Animate Your Night” Beginning July 27, 2012. Celebrates 75th Anniversary of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” Nov. 15, 2012-April 14, 2013
- China’s Terracotta Warriors Return to San Francisco’s Asian Art Museum Feb. 22-May 27, 2013
- Sailing Lessons: Hands-On Learning Aboard 1891 National Landmark
- SF Chefs Food Festival Returns July 30-Aug. 5, 2012
- La Cocina’s San Francisco Street Food Festival Returns to Mission District Aug. 18, 2012
- Stern Grove Festival, “Nature’s Music Box,” Celebrates 75th Anniversary through Aug. 26, 2012
- Westfield San Francisco Debuts 3-D Light Spectacular “Corazon Under the Dome” through Sept. 3, 2012
- Architecture and the City, Largest Architectural Festival in the U.S., Returns Sept. 1-30, 2012
- Annual Cable Car Bell-Ringing Contest Sept. 6, 2012
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Company Celebrates 160th Anniversary in 2012
- 27th Annual Sausalito Floating Homes Tour Sept. 22, 2012
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl to Be Played at San Francisco’s AT&T Park Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012
- San Francisco Giants Will Host Semi-Finals and Finals of World Baseball Classic at AT&T Park in Spring 2013
- aRes Travel Presents the Triple Play Pass Through Oct. 31, 2012
- See the Future of Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf Beach and Presidio on Walks with Neighborhood Vision Tours, Inc.
- SAS opens San Francisco-Copenhagen Route Starting April 8, 2013. United Airlines to Add Non-Stop Service to Taipei and Paris Beginning April 2013
The San Francisco Travel Association is the official tourism marketing organization for the City and County of San Francisco. For information on reservations, packages, activities and more, visit http://www.sanfrancisco.travel or call 415-391-2000. The Visitor Information Center is located at 900 Market St. in Hallidie Plaza, lower level, near the Powell Street cable car turnaround.
American Express® is the official Card partner for the San Francisco Travel Association.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) offers non-stop flights to more than 31 international points and more than 70 non-stop cities in the U.S. For up-to-the-minute information on the Bay Area's largest airport, visit http://www.flysfo.com
Note to editors: Photos and press releases are available at http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/media/.