Accreditation by the UK’s professional body for customer service is a valuable endorsement of an employer’s internal training
(PRWEB UK) 2 August 2012
TrainingMark is the standard set by the Institute of Customer Service for company training programmes. Achieving TrainingMark demonstrates a commitment to delivering excellent customer service in all areas of the business through high quality training.
Marks & Spencer runs one of the UK’s biggest retail customer service training programmes, 50,000 store colleagues covering full-time and part-time staff and managers.
Jo Moran, Head of Head of Customer Service for Marks & Spencer explains why TrainingMark is a key element of Marks & Spencer’s customer service strategy: “At Marks & Spencer, we differentiate ourselves through excellent customer relationships and service. To deliver this, it’s essential that our people receive the highest standards of customer service training. TrainingMark accreditation provides independent assessment and benchmarking of our training programmes to ensure that our employees are equipped to provide the excellent levels of service our customers expect.
Jo Causon, Chief Executive of the Institute of Customer Service comments: “Accreditation by the UK’s professional body for customer service is a valuable endorsement of an employer’s internal training. It’s a powerful statement for any organisation to make to its customers, employees and competitors because it demonstrates an unwavering commitment to deliver customer service of the highest quality.”
Notes for editors
TrainingMark is an accreditation of company training programmes which is assessed by the Institute of Customer Service. It is awarded to businesses and organisations that meet rigorous standards on customer service and demonstrate that their own training courses meet national standards for service professionals.
Accreditation is a valuable independent endorsement that companies’ own training courses are of the highest quality – offering them a competitive edge over rivals.
TrainingMark accreditation is designed for:
- large organisations with established customer service or contact centre training courses
- organisations developing large-scale internal customer service or contact centre courses
The benefits of accreditation include:
- customer service development programmes are formally recognised and accredited by the UK’s customer service professional body
- organisations receive independent measurement and feedback on their training courses
- service training initiatives can be tailored to the organisation’s needs while being measured against national standards
- independent recognition of their professionalism increases individual motivation, job satisfaction and commitment
- people completing high-quality training are better placed to deliver improved service – this increases customer satisfaction, loyalty, bottom line performance and profitability.
For further information about TrainingMark go to our website.
About the Institute of Customer Service
The Institute of Customer Service (ICS) is the UK’s independent, professional body for customer service. Its purpose is to enable organisations to achieve tangible business benefits through excellent customer service aligned to their business goals; and to help individuals to maximise their career potential and employability by developing their customer service skills.
The Institute has almost 400 organisational members across sectors including Unilever, Marks & Spencer, Boots, British Gas, Birmingham City Council, Vodafone, Simplyhealth, and over 3,000 individual members.
Members benefit from a range of services including:
- Research and reports on the latest customer service trends and thinking, including the UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI)
- Benchmarking capabilities against other organisations
- Diagnostic tools to identify areas for improvement by surveying customers and employees
•Training and accreditation programmes for customer service professionals
- Professional qualifications for individual members at all stages of their career
If you are interested in TrainingMark or would like to become a member of the Institute of Customer Service, please call 0845 894 0889.
Press enquires to: Brian Weston, director of marketing and communications, Institute of Customer Service
Email: brian.weston (at) icsmail (dot) co (dot) uk
Telephone 01206 216180.