(PRWEB) August 03, 2012
Tax Professionals Resource, an information and training hub for tax professionals, is pleased to offer a September 10, 2012, audio conference on "Reporting Uncertain Tax Positions On Financial Statements and IRS Schedule UTP". This audio conference is critical for accounting and tax professionals in understanding the reporting obligations for uncertain tax positions and defending those positions in an IRS examination. The audio conference speakers will also discuss the overlap between ASC 740-10 and Schedule UTP and provide practical advice for companies and professionals preparing for an IRS examination of uncertain tax positions.
Audio Conference Faculty Includes:
Dan Bowman, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Manager in the Washington National Tax (“WNT”) Accounting for Income Taxes Group
- Works closely with partners in the group to consult with companies on the application of accounting standards such as ASC 740 (fka FAS109 and FIN 48) and IAS 12
- Has assisted companies with the adoption of FIN 48 (codified in ASC 740-10), and has experience assisting companies with complex IRS examinations
- Instrumental in creating the ASC 740 competency group in Deloitte’s Los Angeles office prior to joining the WNT group
Kevin Johnson, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Tax partner in the law firm of Pepper Hamilton LLP, and brings more than 25 years of experience in the tax controversy field
- Began his career at the IRS, where he was a revenue agent and in the IRS Appeals Office
- Expert on IRS practice and procedure
- Currently the vice chair of the ABA Tax Section’s Administrative Practice Committee and heads the ABA Tax Section’s Task Force on Schedule UTP
Patrice Mano, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Washington National Tax (“WNT”) Partner co-leading the WNT Accounting for Income Taxes Group
- Consults companies on the application of accounting standards such as ASC 740 (fka FAS109 and FIN 48) and IAS 12
- Technical expert on the financial accounting and reporting for income taxes related to a variety of issues such as business combinations, restructurings, equity compensation, inter-company transactions, intra-period allocations, outside basis, etc.
- National Tax Learning Leader for Financial Accounting and Reporting – Income Taxes
About the Tax Professionals Resource:
The Tax Professionals’ Resource is a training and development website dedicated to the enhancement of the tax profession. They are committed to the specific educational and developmental needs of members looking for unique, up-to-date tax training opportunities through audio conferences, seminars, webinars and articles. Members also gain access to product offerings and other educational tools that assist in securing their position at the forefront of their respective disciplines. Tax Professionals Resource delivers an overall experience that gives their community of tax professionals a distinct competitive advantage.