Perth Amboy, NJ (PRWEB) August 07, 2012
PERTH AMBOY, NJ, August 7, 2012… Raritan Bay Medical Center Foundation announced the honorees of the 28th Annual Harbor Lights Ball during the event’s kickoff cocktail party July 27 at the Raritan Yacht Club in Perth Amboy. Executive leaders, board members and ball committee members gathered to congratulate the honorees and enjoy music provided by the Victor Quezada Jazz Trio, as well as a cirque performance by Shore Circus.
This year’s Harbor Lights Ball honorees were selected based on their dedication and philanthropic commitment to Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC) and the surrounding communities. They include:
- Humanitarian Award: Gregory M. Ficarra, Woodbridge Township Council President and former director of health, physical education, nursing & athletics, Perth Amboy public school system.
- Executive of the Year Award: Deborah L. Tripod, president of Englert, Inc. of Perth Amboy
- Excellence in Healthcare Award: longtime member of RBMC’s medical staff and Perth Amboy physician Mark L. Niemiera, MD
- Norman Tanzman Award: John and Carol Hila. Jack was former Deputy Attorney General, Outside Counsel to the Department of Transportation, a Woodbridge Township Councilman and a trustee of George Street Playhouse. Carol is president of Woodbridge Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
- Future Leader Award: Vanessa E. Mendez, director of strategic initiatives, Tropical Cheese of Perth Amboy
The Harbor Lights Ball is the premier annual fundraising event for Raritan Bay Medical Center and will be held Saturday, September 29, at the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. This year’s theme is “Cirque du Santé” and will include music by Tim McLoone & the Shirleys, Cirque performers, dancing and a grand auction. Proceeds from the ball will benefit the medical center’s Broadening Our Vision, Securing Our Future construction and renovation project. This project will improve the availability of a diverse range of outpatient services, support emergency medical services, renovate patient rooms at Raritan Bay Medical Center’s Old Bridge and Perth Amboy campuses and construct a new ambulatory surgical center at the Old Bridge campus.
If you would like more information about the Harbor Lights Ball or to receive a formal invitation, contact the Foundation at 732-324-5374 or go to http://www.rbmcfoundation.org.
About the Raritan Bay Medical Center Foundation
Raritan Bay Medical Center Foundation was established in 1985. Its mission is to raise funds in support of Raritan Bay Medical Center by working closely with community groups, the business sector and individuals. Over the past 18 months, donors have contributed $1.5 million to the Foundation. In today’s challenging economic climate, fundraising is critical to the medical center’s continued investments in state-of-the-art technology, clinical innovations, facility modernizations, community outreach and other vital programs that enrich the health of area residents. Thanks to continued philanthropic support, the RBMC Foundation has funded many important projects including the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal plan.