We make it a point to work with our interns so they understand how to package the new competencies gained from their internships into their brands. - Barbara M. West, assistant director of internship programs for GlobaLinks Learning Abroad.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) August 06, 2012
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, a provider of international education programs across the globe promoting academic, cultural, personal, professional and social discovery, today announced the launch of its expanded global career-building internship program and its new GoInternAbroad.com website.
“Our GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Internship Program has increased its offerings far beyond any international internship placement service,” said Cynthia Banks, executive director and president. “Our popular internship placements in Australia, New Zealand, China and other global destinations are now part of a comprehensive and flexible program delivering global career-building experience and personal brand development so our participants gain a competitive edge in a crowded job market.”
The GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Internship Program is the only internship program that provides Global Career-Building Experience, including a global personal brand discovery toolbox that enables participants to create a personal brand message to increase their marketability.
“We take great pride in ensuring that our GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Internship Program empowers global careers, rather than just play internship ‘matchmaker,’” said Barbara M. West, assistant director of internship programs for GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. “Not only do our interns receive high-quality international career placements in their chosen fields but our brand-building tools and career development support will enhance their resumes and globalize their personal brands so they are set apart from other graduates.”
The program’s personal brand development tools include:
- a workbook on personal branding.
- business/networking cards.
- social media development.
- personal brand assessment.
- resume/cover letter resources.
- online career counseling resources.
- “Career Spots” videos.
- post-experience career development webinars.
“We make it a point to work with our interns so they understand how to package the new competencies gained from their internships into their brands,” West says. “This ensures that these global career-building skills aren’t lost on potential employers but are emphasized for the value they bring to the job.”
The GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Internship Program also features significant support services, including:
- academic credit (optional, with fees applying).
- multi-day Bridging Cultures Program (not included in Custom Date Internships).
- guaranteed housing (typically a shared apartment, dorm, youth hostel or homestay).
- health insurance.
- 24/7 on site support.
- pre-departure services, including assistance with immigration visas, airline tickets and orientation.
- flight advice and booking options.
- cell phone or sim card (minutes purchased at additional cost).
- pre-paid public transport card (in Shanhai and Hong Kong only – in Australia and New Zealand for an additional fee).
- option to add Mandarin lessons in Shanghai (for additional fee).
For more information, visit the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Internship Program site at GoInternAbroad.com.
About GlobaLinks Learning Abroad:
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is a leading provider of education abroad and internship programs for college-level students in destinations across the globe. Students from more than 800 universities and colleges across North America choose to study and intern with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad each year in destinations in the Pacific Region (Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji), in Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand) and Europe (Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Scotland, Spain, Wales, Ireland, Italy and the Netherlands.) Since it was founded in 1990, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad has sent more than 25,000 students on educational programs worldwide. For more information, visit GlobaLinksAbroad.org.