New York, NY (PRWEB) August 09, 2012
In these changing times, often fraught with job insecurity and a lack of loyalty, Ludlow6, a brand identity and communications design company in New York since 1990, will create its twentieth annual report this year for NACME (National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, Inc). Jim Wawrzewski, creative director of Ludlow6, was part of the team that first worked with NACME to create their brand identity in 1985. NACME later became Jim’s first client when he opened his own studio, and their professional relationship has continued over the last twenty-two years.
“Consistency and continuity have been key factors to the success of this relationship,” says Jim, who has managed to maintain a high level of quality, despite fluctuations in the NACME budget. “The focus of the design of the reports has always stayed on their mission and their story. And the main story has always been about the NACME scholars,” says the creative who believes that design must communicate brand strategies as well as be visually engaging. Jim has also found that placing the visual focus of the report on prominent photos of the scholarship students has been a very effective way of appealing to NACME’s audience over the years.
Honing in on the expertise of creating annual reports for the same organization across decades, Jim Wawrzewski will share five tips to help execute brand communication success:
- A Familiar Face: People respond to the familiar. There is great power in establishing a consistent and recognizable brand image.
- Words into Action: Use your mission statement and the year’s important achievements to frame your report and tell a compelling story. If you can say it, we can bring it to life.
- A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Tweets: Use engaging photography. A great visual not only creates spark, but it evokes an emotional response. And feelings are what motivate people to act.
- Design is Marketing: Along with being memorable, your report should also be an important fundraising tool. Use it to bring awareness, open doors and pockets.
- Look Like a Million Bucks: Planning and creativity are more important than budget in getting your message across. And no matter what the budget, stay on point and drive your story.
About Ludlow6 LLC:
Ludlow6, a brand identity and communication design company founded by Jim Wawrzewski in 1990, provides marketing insight and design solutions for not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions and large and small businesses. From initial planning through final production, Ludlow6 works as a collaborative partner to assure your message is visually charged with a uniquely authentic and memorable voice. Personalized project management ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget. With over twenty-five years of in-depth marketing and brand communications experience, Ludlow6 is has created hundreds of successful projects including identity programs, annual reports, brochures and sales promotion materials, websites, educational publications, media kits, and other materials in both print and electronic formats.
Ludlow6 is based in the SoHo area of Manhattan.