My goal is to pierce the veil of secrecy surrounding women's hair loss.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) August 07, 2012
Hair loss is typically thought of as a “man’s disease,” but the truth is that women are almost just as at risk as men. In honor of August’s National Hair Loss Awareness Month campaign, internationally recognized hair transplant surgeon Alan J. Bauman, M.D. is performing the first-ever live webcasted female hair transplant using the minimally-invasive NeoGraft/FUE technique on Wednesday, August 8.
“Hair loss is a problem that affects more than 30 million American women,” Dr. Bauman said. “But, unlike male pattern hair loss which is more socially acceptable in our society, female hair loss is less understood and can lead to extreme emotional distress for those women who suffer from it. My goal with this live broadcast is to pierce the veil of secrecy surrounding women’s hair loss and show women that they’re not alone, and that effective treatment options are available to help. Not all women have to undergo transplants; in many cases early preventative treatments can be used - like Formula 82M Minoxidil, Propecia® (for post-menopausal women), Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) with LaserCap™ and even scalp treatments with Latisse.”
“The bottom line here, is that female pattern hair loss is treatable, and it’s also preventable – women just need to learn about their options,” Bauman said.
The live female hair transplant begins at 10 am EDT/7 am PDT (14:00 GMT) when Dr. Bauman will discuss and demonstrate the NeoGraft FUE minimally invasive hair follicle harvesting method. Similar to his previous live surgery events, the webcast includes a live ‘call-in’ Q&A segment hosted by best-selling author and The Bald Truth radio talk show host, Spencer Kobren, and is to be syndicated on Andrew Zarian’s GFQ web radio network, which will take place at 12 noon EDT/9 am PDT (16:00 GMT).
The hair transplant procedure will be live streaming to a global audience on Dr. Bauman’s Livestream channel: http://Livestream.com/hairtransplantnow. Viewers can ask live questions on Twitter @DrAlanBauman using the #hairtransplantnow hashtag.
The August 8th live female hair transplant event will show viewers a hairline lowering procedure to correct a receded hairline, enhance density at the hairline, temple areas and restore a widow’s peak. High hairlines can be a source of concern for women as they create a masculine look and often cause women to appear older than they are. It can also lead to problems and limitations with hair styling. Bauman will perform the minimally-invasive surgery using NeoGraft FUE – a new minimally-invasive technique that makes it easier to extract hair follicles from the back of the head for transplantation in the front hairline and leaves no linear scar.
While the live event will focus on hair transplantation, Bauman will also be discussing and explaining the following hair loss treatments for women:
- Non-Invasive Treatments for Women: In addition to hair transplants, there are an abundance of non-invasive treatments for female hair thinning, including prescription minoxidil “Formula 82M” as a stronger alternative to Rogaine for Women, the cordless and hands-free low level laser therapy device LaserCap™ and even Latisse™ (the popular celebrity eyelash drug). Bauman will also weigh in on the importance of nutrition for healthy hair and stimulating healthy hair growth with vitamin supplements like Viviscal and Biotin.
- HairCheck™: Simple, painless, non-invasive way to measure and track the amount of hair growing in a given area of scalp (called your Hair Mass Index or "HairNumber"). This information allows patients to follow and track their treatment to maximize effectiveness.
- Genetic Hair Loss Testing: More than half of all women over 40 experience some degree of hair loss or thinning. But how do you know for sure if you’re at risk or if a particular treatment will work? New genetic tests can accurately determine a person’s risk for losing hair so they can begin preventative treatments early.
- Cell Therapy: Helping the body heal itself through cell therapy is a hot trend today in medicine. The use of autologous Autologel™ PRP (platelet rich plasma) for graft storage and wound healing with hair transplants and as a stand-alone treatment for enhancing hair growth is becoming more widespread as research continues. The application of PRP to the scalp requires short outpatient visits every eight to twelve weeks.
- Eyebrow Transplants: Are your eyebrows sparse from years of over plucking? Despite increased consumer interest (from 2008 to 2010 eyelash/eyebrow transplants increased 14.2 percent), there is still a lack of information available on these cutting-edge procedures. Bauman will discuss the minimally-invasive, same-day procedure, where donor hair is extracted one follicle at a time and harvested and implanted into the eyebrow.
For more information on the Bauman Medical Group, please visit http://www.baumanmedical.com or call 1-877-BAUMAN-9 or 561-394-0024.
ABOUT DR. ALAN BAUMAN:
Alan J. Bauman, M.D., founder of Bauman Medical Group in Boca Raton, Florida, is a full-time board-certified and internationally renowned hair transplant surgeon whose pioneering work has been featured extensively in the national and international print and television media, such as Newsweek, The New York Times, Cosmo, Vogue, Allure, Men's Health, Today Show, The Early Show, Good Morning America, Extra, Access Hollywood and Dateline NBC.
Dr. Bauman is recognized within the medical profession as top U.S. medical expert on the treatment of hair loss in men and women. A board-certified hair restoration surgeon, Dr. Bauman was the first to demonstrate ‘live’ the FUE method of hair transplantation at the 2003 International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Orlando Live Surgery Workshop and the first to demonstrate the NeoGraft FUE device at the ISHRS Orlando Live Surgery Workshop in 2010. His practice is divided equally between male and female patients, and Dr. Bauman provides state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures and a multi-therapy approach to the medically treatable condition of hair loss. Dr. Bauman is a member and often a featured speaker at the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Scientific Meetings.