Greenwich, CT (PRWEB) August 07, 2012
Include pets in the festivities and trick-or-treating this Halloween and ensure they are set with proper safety gear and treats of their own. Whether hitting the streets or keeping pets home throughout the evening, below are tips and products manufactured by APPA members to keep in mind this Halloween.
- Keep pets away from chocolate and candy, and keep them occupied and snacking on their own treats. Check out Stewart Pro-Treat freeze-dried liver treats or Three Dog Bakery’s pumpkin-flavored treats.
- With all the commotion, Fido is bound to get wound up and excited. Between the constant doorbell or passing of unfamiliar costumes on the street, help dogs control their barking with safe and effective collars by PetSafe.
- Ensure pets have plenty of their own entertainment with a variety of interactive toys. MultiPet offers fun Halloween-themed dog toys including plush candy corn and crossbones while PetSafe Busy Buddy treat-dispensing toys are great for keeping pets active, busy and engaged.
- Make sure your pets are safe and seen throughout the neighborhood. Consider reflective or glow in the dark collars and leashes to ensure your dog’s safety from passing cars and people. Check out Coastal Pet Products’ line of Lazer Brite reflective gear.
- When dressing up pets this Halloween, make sure they are able to move comfortably in their costumes. Check that they can breathe easily and look for small or loose pieces, which can present choking hazards. Visit California Costumes for a range of fun costumes.
For more information or interview opportunities, contact Jamie Brant at 775-322-4022 or Jamie(at)theimpetusagency(dot)com.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit http://www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.