Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 08, 2012
An upcoming WPL Publishing training course will provide plenty of valuable information for professionals who need to create construction schedules or make improvements to them.
The program will outline the process of creating a Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule for a construction project and offer advice for improving the quality of such a schedule. The course also will take attendees one step beyond the basics of construction CPM scheduling and cover the Precedence Diagramming Method (PDM), including the use of lags and leads with the four types of logical relationships. The course additionally will address resource loading and resource leveling in CPM schedules. To register for the course, which will consist of two 2.5-hour webinar sessions -- one taking place Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012, and the other occurring Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012 (each session beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT) -- visit http://tinyurl.com/9qgxqs8.
The webinar course, entitled “Construction Scheduling -- Key to On-Time Performance and Increased Profits,” will help attendees do the following:
- Comprehend the process of creating a CPM schedule for typical construction projects.
- Identify how to break a construction schedule into activities for creating a CPM schedule.
- Estimate durations and set up the logical relationships in a CPM schedule.
- Improve the quality of a construction project schedule.
- Better understand PDM, including the use of lags and leads with the four types of logical relationships.
- Become conversant with CPM calculations for PDM networks.
- Understand the basics of resource loading and resource leveling in CPM schedules.
- Improve a CPM schedule.
The first webinar session is entitled “The Art of Creating Construction CPM Schedules,” and the second is called “Advanced CPM Scheduling.”
Addressing attendees will be Saleh Mubarak, a construction management consultant who specializes in planning and scheduling, project control, and cost estimating.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/9qgxqs8.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. provides expert training, education, and development resources for the construction industry via live webinars and its ConstructionPro Network website (http://www.ConstructionProNet.com). Through ConstructionPro Network, WPL publishes the independent newsletter ConstructionPro Week, providing news, analysis, and insightful commentary about recent developments involving construction law, green buildings, building information modeling, and various construction managerial technologies and techniques.