Eagan, MN (PRWEB) August 09, 2012
Midwest ENERGY Association’s (MEA) is proud to announce that ten (10) energy operations members have received Life Sustaining Awards. Each year MEA sponsors the Life Sustaining Awards program to recognize industry employees who have performed service "above and beyond" the call of duty by saving or attempting to save the life of another. Applicants for these awards are approved by the Executive Committee of MEA's Board of Directors.
The 2012 Life Sustaining Awards went to:
- Steve Anderson, caulker/tapper; Superior Water Light & Power
- Brad Buttweiler and Todd Smukowski, fitter; We Energies
- Roger Canady, CDL driver/mechanic; John Baxley, foreman; and Loran Swinton, CDL driver; Distribution Construction Co.
- Bob Fonger, C&M sub-foreman; Gerry Olson, lead meter large power tech, & Tom Brown, meter reader; Superior Water Light & Power
- Anne Warner, analyst business/configurer; NorthWestern Energy
Their stories can be found at http://www.midwestenergy.org under member recognition.
MEA serves the people that deliver electricity and natural gas to homes and business. MEA (Midwest ENERGY Association) was founded as a trade association over 100 years ago by distribution utilities, whose vision was to improve safety and efficiency. Today, utility companies around the globe benefit from MEA's industry learning seminars, operations summits, and other events. Members collaborated to develop EnergyU, the world's premier online training and testing system for gas and electric distribution utilities.