Service member honorees are selected by the Senior Enlisted representatives from each branch of the armed forces for their extraordinary bravery, loyalty and heroism.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) August 08, 2012
What: 2012 USO Gala: Honoring those who Serve
When: Friday, November 2, 2012
6:30 p.m. Welcoming Reception
7:30 p.m. Dinner & Evening Program
Where: Washington Hilton
1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Who: Spirit of the USO Award recipients
- Admiral Michael G. Mullen, USN (Ret) and Mrs. Deborah Mullen
- Jordin Sparks, 19 Recordings/RCA recording artist
Sloan Gibson, President, USO
USO Service Members of the Year
- Soldier of the Year: Staff Sergeant Jacob J. Perkins, C Troop, 1-89 Cavalry, Fort Drum, NY
- Marine of the Year: Sergeant Clifford M. Wooldridge, Training Company, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment (MCSFR), Naval Support Activity Northwest Annex, Chesapeake, VA
- Sailor of the Year: EOD2 (EWS) Gregory F. Gaylor, EODMU Three, Naval Base San Diego, CA
- Airman of the Year: Staff Sergeant Christopher S. Beversdorf, Tactical Air Command and Control Journeyman, 25th Air Support Operations Squadron, Wheeler Army Airfield, HI
- Coast Guardsman of the Year: ME2 Nicholas A. Beane, Explosive Detection K9 Team, USCG Maritime Security Response Team Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, VA
- National Guardsman of the Year: Senior Airman Evan J. Stevens, 183rd Fighter Wing’s Security Forces Squadron, Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport, Springfield, IL
USO Volunteer of the Year
Special Guests and Presenters
- The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, America’s Sweethearts
Why: The USO is continuing a time-honored tradition of recognizing the bravery and sacrifice of an enlisted hero from each branch of the military with the USO Service Member of the Year Award. Also being recognized are the USO Volunteer of the Year and the Spirit of the USO recipients.
For more than 70 years, the USO has been lifting the spirits of America’s troops and their families. An estimated 1100 guests will gather to pay special tribute to our men and women in uniform. Guests will include Washington dignitaries, celebrities, Members of Congress, military leadership, members of the USO Board of Governors and USO Corporate sponsors.
The USO is a private, nonprofit organization, not a government agency. All of our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
Chair: David J. McIntyre, Jr., TriWest Healthcare Alliance
Co-Chairs: Rima Al-Sabah, Sylvia M. Panetta, Barbara Levin, Patricia McKeon, Deanie Dempsey, Mary Jo Myers, Margaret Gibson
TriWest Healthcare Alliance
Procter & Gamble
Huntington Ingalls Industries
Tickets: $1,000 per ticket. $15,000 per table. Contact: gala(at)uso(dot)org
For more information, visit uso.org/gala