“Creating packaging that exceeds expectations while preserving our world’s resources is at the forefront of our mission,” Ira Maroofian, Managing Director, SEDA North America.
Racine, Wisconsin (PRWEB) August 11, 2012
SEDA International Packaging Group’s biodegradable and compostable cups, lids and clamshells will help make the 2012 Olympics the greenest ever. Orignally developed for the 2006 Winter Games in Turin, Italy, the products in the Naturelly SEDA line are now the foodservice products of choice for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
SEDA Group was selected as the sole foodservice packaging provider to the 2012 Summer Games as part of the Olympic Committee’s “food vision” program, an integral part of its overall efforts to improve sustainability at this summer’s Games. An estimated 14 million meals will be served at the Olympics, with beverages and meals-on-the-go in SEDA packaging.
“We are honored that Naturelly SEDA was chosen to play a leading role in the Olympic Committee’s sustainability efforts,” says Ira Maroofian, Managing Director, SEDA North America. “Creating packaging that exceeds expectations while preserving our world’s resources is at the forefront of our mission.” Naturelly SEDA can be used at any location that requires all discarded food waste be composted.
In addition, the company is now putting Italian design in the hands of even more consumers as it introduces new Double Wall hot and cold cups to the North American foodservice market. The cups are manufactured at SEDA’s recently opened plant in Racine, Wisconsin, a $76 million state-of-the-art facility.
With their superior insulation and high quality materials, SEDA Double Wall cups:
- Maintain temperature: protect beverage flavor by staying hot or cold longer.
- Don’t break a sweat: external condensation virtually does not form on the cold cup. Drinks remain cold while the cup stays dry, cool and intact.
- Stay safe and comfortable to hold: with tight-fitting lids, hot cups won’t leak. They radiate warmth, but won’t burn fingers.
- Deliver the brand: SEDA Group’s state-of-the-art printing technology combined with the cups’ high quality materials makes superior printing easily achievable, even for colors that can be challenging to produce.
- Bring customers back for more: a perforated, removable panel is perfect for coupons, instant win, collection/loyalty or promotional gift programs.
- Offer a sustainable choice: hot and cold Double Wall cups are made of fibers from sustainable forests and are fully recyclable with a range of biodegradable and compostable options.
- Made in the U.S.A.: local availability reduces the customer’s carbon footprint.
Founded in Naples, Italy, by Salvatore D’Amato in 1964, SEDA International Packaging Group began as an ice cream packaging company. Since then, the company has expanded its operations to include packaging for the foodservice and food industries, as well as applications outside the food industry. It provides a full range of products, including paperboard, thermoformed plastics, flexible packaging, folding cartons and special containers. SEDA Group is internationally recognized as the market leader in the field of ice cream packaging and is one of the largest paper converting companies for the food industry.
For more information about these and other products from SEDA Group, contact:
Cliff Albert, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, SEDA Group, North America
tel: (262) 417-1600 email: cliff_albert(at)sedagroup(dot)org