Before summer comes to an end, Protect Your Bubble announces its picks for top dog friendly beaches helping pet owners find the best beaches to enjoy the sun, surf and sand with their four legged friends.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 18, 2012
Before summer comes to an end, Protect Your Bubble announces its picks for top dog friendly beaches helping pet owners find the best beaches to enjoy the sun, surf and sand with their four legged friends. These beaches were chosen for their beautiful scenery, nearby pet activities and amenities and relaxed leash laws.
1. Fort DeSoto Dog Beach; Fort DeSoto, Florida
This exceptional beach of clear waters and white sands, just south of St. Petersburg, Florida, is the perfect place for pups to frolic on the beach. An entire section of this Fido-friendly beach is leash-free and the attached Paw Playground allows dogs to socialize with other pups, and offers fun amenities like dog water fountains.
2. Huntington Beach Dog Beach; Huntington Beach, California
Huntington beach, about 40 miles south of Los Angeles, is a beautiful leash-free beach situated on the Pacific Coast Highway. Huntington is known for its cleanliness and the beach employs clean-up crews who come fully equipped with cleaning utensils for your disposal and dog bag dispensers.
3. Dog Beach; San Diego, California
This small scenic beach has plenty of sand for the dogs to play, and waves for them to run through. Dogs are allowed off their leashes here, pet parents just need to ensure that their active pup can get along with lots of other dogs. With a paved walking path, a weekly farmer's market, free concerts and tons of restaurants and stores nearby, there is a lot for vacationers to do.
4. Town of Duck Beaches; Duck, North Carolina
This is a serene local beach with a small town vibe located along the Northern Outer Banks of North Carolina. Dogs may frolic unleashed at the beach all year-round. And because the Town of Duck beaches aren't public access, they tend to be cleaner and less crowded than some public beaches.
5. Montrose Dog Beach; Chicago, Illinois
As the first legal off-leash beach in Chicago, Montrose Dog Beach offers just as much excitement as other coastal dog beaches. Located on the Northwest corner of Montrose Beach, the dog beach is within close proximity to the city, giving urban pups a great escape.
6. Block Island, Rhode Island
Dogs are allowed on the Block Island ferry free of charge and because motor vehicles are prohibited from entering the Island, vacationers won't have to worry about accidents. While leash laws vary depending on time of year there is plenty of space for dogs to roam, run and play.
7. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Seashore, Michigan
In 2011, the park was named by ABC’s Good Morning America as the “Most Beautiful Place in America.” Natural scenery and cultural landmarks like the South Manitou Island Lighthouse, and an extensive rural historic farm district make this a fun destination for both owners and dogs.
8. Jekyll Island, Georgia
By law, 65 percent of the island must remain undeveloped, so even during the busiest times, there are miles of secluded beaches to explore. As a bonus, the island is home to an array of dog friendly hotels and restaurants.
9. Dog Beach; Key West, Florida
There are only a few small beaches on Key West, but Dog Beach is a favorite among dog lovers. Dogs can roam off leash here but dog owners should keep a close eye on their pup, as this is a rocky beach. After getting some fun in the sun, vacationers can visit dog friendly hot spots like Louie's Backyard, which caters to dogs and their thirsty owners.
10. First Landing State Park; Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
This is one of the finest state parks anywhere and features an ocean-type beach at the mouth of the Chesapeake. Visitors can hike with their dog for over an hour on the beach with views of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and ocean-going vessels in view the entire time.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA