Specialty insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, has created a list of A+ gadgets for co-eds
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 13, 2012
With the beginning of the fall semester right around the corner, it’s time for college students and their parents to stuff their backpacks with the top tech gadgets. Specialty insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, has created a list of A+ gadgets for co-eds.
Top Gadgets for College:
- The New iPad (3) – For obvious reasons, Apple’s latest tablet tops the list. There are many uses for the iPad that students can use both inside and outside of class, including helpful and educational apps, access to the iCloud, social networking and communication with fellow students and professors. Another huge selling point is, access to textbooks. In fact, according to Chronicle.com, “Sixty-three percent of college students believe tablets will replace textbooks in the next five years—a 15 percent increase over last year’s survey.” The New iPad (3) starts at $599.
- Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display – It is consistently rated as the top high-end laptop on the market right now. Although its price tag may not be justified for all students, it’s a great investment for students who are studying to work in creative and/or technical professions; these professions need the highest quality in graphics performance. The MacBook Pro with Retina Display starts at $2,194.
- Canon PowerShot SX260 HS - This gadget tops the list because of a college student’s need to document these precious years of their life. The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS' great photo quality, size, and 20x optical zoom in comparison to its competitive price (starting at $274.99) make this is an affordable camera for fall 2012.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 – Other than ensuring that students call home, this smart phone is the crème de la crème in mobile devices. Its large, smooth touch screen, quadcore processor, voice command recognition and connection speed make the S3 a great choice. This mobile device starts at $549.
- Voltaic Backpack ($150-200) – This solar powered gadget is a necessity for the gadget-savvy student. Equipped with 4 Watts of power and multiple converters will charge mobile gadgets quickly while on the go. The padded compartments make toting one’s laptop or tablet safe and convenient. This handy backpack ranges from $150 to $200.
- Cerevellum Hindsight 35 – A Perfect gadget for the dorm-dwelling co-ed (sans car) or the student who prefers to pedal around campus. This bicycle rearview camera is positioned directly between the handlebars. The company is also looking into GPS and heart-rate monitor capabilities in the near future. This is one to watch, for sure. This product is priced around $200.
- EverNote - This free app is a popular digital note taking tool. It enables consumers to keep track of text notes, web pages, photos, projected presentations, lectures, and more. So, students can capture this content and revisit it later during study sessions. Gone are the days of, “I can’t find my notebook.” All the e-notes taken can be accessed later, from anywhere.
When consumers calculate how pricy it can be to stay techie-cool at school, it’s important to protect these investments. At only $7.99 per month for smart phone insurance and $9.99 per month for tablet insurance, the coverage includes loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Starting at just $9.99 per month, home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops and $2.99 per month for cameras, as well as mechanical breakdown for desktop computers.
Attention parents: ProtectYourBubble.com is running a 25 percent off Home Gadget Extended Warranty Sale through September when consumers use promotion code ‘summer25’ while purchasing extended warranty for home gadget coverage. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick, two-minute quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA