(PRWEB) August 15, 2012
Coupled with the recent government announcement concerning decommissioning Relief Deeds, activity in the region is more evident than ever before.
This increase in activity creates a long-term challenge for operators in the North Sea and a lucrative opportunity for suppliers and service providers to secure their place in the offshore decommissioning market.
With activities on the rise, DecomWorld are hosting the 9th Annual North Sea Decommissioning Conference (November 20-21, Aberdeen). This event will bring together 200 senior decommissioning experts from operators, integrated contractors and specialist vendors to discuss decommissioning strategy to ensure a safe and effective programme whilst keeping project costs to a minimum.
This year the conference will include –
- Regulatory Guidance: Hear from key government bodies to gain a clear understanding of legislations, standards and decommissioning guidelines to guarantee complete regulatory compliance
- Well Plugging & Abandonment: Discuss best practice well P&A techniques to ensure safe operations, long-term effectiveness and an efficient P&A strategy
- Project Planning and Execution: Develop a comprehensive strategy based around cost reduction, improved time-lines, risk mitigation and safety to effectively manage your portfolio
- Operator Case Studies: Learn from leading major & independent operators in the North Sea as they share their best practice and lessons learned from recent projects
- Technological Advancements: Examine the latest technical innovations to ensure your decommissioning project is completed on time and on budget
- Cross-Industry Learning: Address the synergies between offshore and nuclear decommissioning to learn from other industry best practice approaches
This long-running event will also host a keynote presentation from the Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Tourism at the Scottish Government. Mr Fergus Ewing’s involvement has already begun to generate a huge amount of buzz around the event as he will give the latest updates and parliamentary strategies for decommissioning in the North Sea.
If you wish to know more about the 9th Annual North Sea Decommissioning Conference you can download the full conference brochure at decomworld.com/nsd/conference-event-brochure.php
For more information, feel free to get in touch