A lot of retailers will target competitive pricing, but we are seeing that it isn’t enough to just have low prices, you need to add some extra value to the purchase - an incentive for your customers
Edinburgh, UK (PRWEB UK) 15 August 2012
Buy a set of Michelin tyres from Blackcircles.com, the UK’s leading online tyre retailer, and enjoy 2 free return flights* to a selection of Europe’s most glamorous cities – including Milan, Paris and Zurich.
For every order over £500** Blackcircles.com will top up a customer’s Tesco Clubcard points to a maximum of 5,000 points which can be exchanged for up to 18,000 Avios.
Putting the Blackcircles.com offer into perspective, a person would need to spend a whopping £7,800 on their grocery shopping, or, purchase a colossal 36,000 litres of fuel to receive the equivalent number of Avios (figures based on Avios’ online calculator).
So by turning points earned on tyres into vouchers and then exchanging them for Avios – formed when Airmiles' owners, British Airways, merged with Iberia - Tesco Clubcard holders can fly to over 30 locations throughout Europe.
Until the end of August, Tesco Clubcard holders are able to acquire 900 Avios Points for every £2.50 Clubcard voucher – with the exchange rate dropping to 600 Avios points after this date.
In the ‘RAC Report on Motoring 2012’ it has come to light that since 2010 the price of petrol has risen by 16.9%, with diesel prices increasing by 20.3% - leaving many car owners out of pocket as they struggle to budget for the increasing cost of motoring.
With the cost of motoring on the rise, many motorists are cutting back on the amount of money they spend. Unfortunately, in the same RAC report, 5% of vehicle owners are said to be cutting back on essential shopping – such as tyres. That number could rise to 18% if the price of running a car rises further.
When talking about the new offer, Founder and Managing Director of Blackcircles.com, Mike Welch, said “A lot of retailers will target competitive pricing, but we are seeing that it isn’t enough to just have low prices, you need to add some extra value to the purchase - an incentive for your customers.
“Our partnership with Tesco Clubcard was initially our way of giving more than just competitive prices back to motorists, however, as we began to look at what you could then do with the points we began to realise that there was a whole host of exciting opportunities for our customers.
“This Avios exchange is one of the best we’ve seen and can allow cash strapped motorists afford a much needed trip or holiday,” concluded Mike Welch.
(* Based on a customer exchanging Clubcard points earned with the Blackcircles.com Michelin offer into 18,000 Avios and choosing to fly to a destination from London.)
(** To qualify for the offer, order value must come to £500+ and contain Michelin car and 4x4 tyres with a rim size of 17" and above.)
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Launched in 2001, Blackcircles.com is a leading UK online tyre retailer with emphasis on competitive price points and added customer value.
- With headquarters in the Scottish borders town of Peebles, Blackcircles.com has grown through strategic ventures and partnerships with independently owned garages across the UK.
- The Managing Director of Blackcircles.com is Mike Welch, former Head of e-Commerce at Kwik Fit. The Chairman of Blackcircles.com is Graeme Bissett, former Group Finance Director of Kwik Fit.
- Blackcircles.com sells a comprehensive range of tyres for cars, vans and motorbikes, including high performance and 4x4 tyres available from all major brands.
- The company has a UK network of over 1300 tyre fitting centres from Thurso in Scotland to Truro in England, and sells to around 600,000 customers with a 98% satisfaction rating and 30% business referral rate every month.
- Over 220 of the independent garages are now part of the Premier Garage Scheme. This Premier network allows Blackcircles.com to further align itself with the expertise of local independent garages and bring more of the fitting centres into the Premier network.