We’ve been working hard this year to launch our new OCM. By working with some strategic partners we have developed a high quality system that will be tough to compete with on capability and price .
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 28 August 2012
Scalesmart are pleased to announce the launch of their new Outer Case Marking aimed predominantly at the food industry where manufacturers need to weigh, label and ship produce efficiently.
The new Scalesmart Outer Case Marking labelling system or OCM for short incorporates a 15” Windows 7 touchscreen terminal, Intermec label printer and weighing platform into a hygienic stainless steel frame that can be portable or fixed in one location.
Andrew Clarke, Sales Director of Scalesmart said, “We’ve been working hard this year to launch our new OCM. By working with some strategic partners we have developed a high quality system that will be tough to compete with on capability and price.”
Office management of the OCM is included as standard to enable administration to enter new products and customers quickly and easily. Adding the optional Sales Order package enables office administration to enter orders and send them directly to the OCM for picking and packing by the operator.
The large touchscreen terminal makes using the OCM intuitive and clear for shop floor operators, the display can be customised to show various options and processes specific to client processes.
Key benefits of the new Scalesmart OCM include:
- Rugged Touch Screen Windows 7 Terminal
- Multiple levels - unit, case, pallet
- Multiple Dates with advanced off-set rules
- Dynamic screens - flexibility over questions and layout
- Transaction history with cancel box at terminal facility
- Generate reports locally at terminals
- Dynamic keyboards - unlimited shortcuts to PLU and Questions
- Individual Weighed Pieces (IPP) - auto-generate case end labels
- Label Design - WISIWIG design and preview
- Ability to print to multiple printers simultaneously across Networks
- Ability to Create Stock Items/Traceability
- Work Order (Production plan) control
- Ability to Import Orders/Plan from any 3rd party system
Manufactured in Leicester using high-grade stainless steel, the new OCM is grained and polished for a hygienic finish. The waterproof printer garage is ideal for factories where stringent wash-down procedures are in place.
As Specialists in the design and development of bespoke weighing systems Scalesmart can tailor make OCM’s to meet exacting specifications from their customers.
Leicestershire based Scalesmart was launched in 2000 by scale manufacturer MWS Ltd, an independent weighing scale company. Scalesmart specialise in the manufacture, sale and maintenance of industrial weighing equipment. They are accredited to ISO9001:2000 and are authorised to Self-Verify weighing scales under Notifed Body Number 0126.