(PRWEB) August 16, 2012
The 67th annual Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA) Parade of Homes kicks off this weekend on August 18 and runs through September 9.
The 2012 Parade of Homes features 16 homes from 14 of Southeastern Wisconsin’s most experienced homebuilders in two subdivisions – Still River in Pewaukee and Quail Haven in Menomonee Falls.
The homes featured range from 2,000 to more than 5,000 square feet, in a combination of two story and ranches, allowing visitors to see a variety of home designs. Each home will feature the latest interior and exterior decorating trends, new and sustainable building techniques, and leading-edge home technologies.
“It’s a great way to get remodeling ideas for your current home, or talk to local builders if you are thinking about building a new one,” said Scott Thistle, MBA president. “Each builder has unique designs to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s families.”
Tickets for the 2012 MBA Parade of Homes allow entry into each subdivision once. They are available at Parade entrances for $10 for adults, and $6 for seniors (65+) and children (ages 3-12); children under 3 are free. They are also available at a discounted price of $8, online or through several advance ticket locations. Visit MBAparadeofhomes.com for more information and a list of ticket outlets.
Special events and promotions will be held throughout the Parade:
- FOOD DRIVE with HUNGER TASK FORCE: Donate two non-perishable food items to help feed Wisconsin families and receive a $2 discount at the gate (Valid on Adult Gate Tickets only, not valid with any other offer or discount). Visit hungertaskforce.org for an itemized list of the most recommended donations.
- MONDAYS, AUGUST 20, 27 – 2 FOR 1 DAYS: Receive two admissions for the price of one (Adult Gate Tickets only, not valid with any other offer or discount, not valid on Labor Day).
- TUESDAYS, AUGUST 21, 28 and SEPTEMBER 4 – REALTOR DAYS: Realtors get in FREE with their business card.
- WEDNESDAYS, AUGUST 22, 29 and SEPTEMBER 5 – CHAMBER DAYS: The Waukesha County Business Alliance will have information attendees can pick-up at Still River and representatives from the Menomonee Falls Chamber of Commerce will be on-site at Quail Haven to talk about their community. Download a coupon from each website: Waukesha Business Alliance - waukesha.org. Menomonee Falls Chamber of Commerce - fallschamber.com to receive $2 off gate admission (Valid on Adult Gate Tickets only, not valid with any other offer or discount).
- THURSDAYS, AUGUST 23, 30 and SEPTEMBER 6 – MILITARY APPRECIATION DAYS: To honor and thank the men and women who have served our country, active duty military personnel or veterans receive half price admission with military ID (Valid on Adult and Senior Gate Tickets only, not valid with any other offer or discount). Visit the Fisher House Wisconsin tent to view the project and learn how you can support military families and veterans in this area. For more information go to FisherHouseWI.org.
- FRIDAYS, AUGUST 24, 31 and SEPTEMBER 7 – “BUILDING LIFESTYLES” DAYS: Receive 1 FREE ticket to the MBA’s Home Building and Remodeling Show, the BUILDING LIFESTYLES EXPO, January 11-13, 2013, at the Frontier Airlines Center, with each full price paid ticket to the Parade of Homes. (Valid on Adult and Senior Gate Tickets only, not valid with any other offer or discount).
Parade hours are Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., weekends and Labor Day from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information about the Parade of Homes, visit the MBA Parade of Homes website at MBAparadeofhomes.com.
ABOUT THE METROPOLITAN BUILDERS ASSOCIATION (MBA)
The Metropolitan Builders Association, located in Waukesha, Wis., is a not-for-profit trade association that represents nearly 1,000 companies involved in the construction, development, and remodeling of single and multifamily housing and light commercial property in Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, Jefferson, and Milwaukee counties. Collectively, its members employ tens of thousands of workers in the Milwaukee area and conduct millions of dollars of business each year. For more information, visit MBAonline.org or The Metropolitan Builders Association’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MetropolitanBuildersAssociation.