Protect Your Bubble has compiled tips for consumers on how to avoid shark attacks while traveling
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 16, 2012
The ocean can be fun, but also be a harmful place if not careful. As Discovery Channel dedicates a week to shark-centric programming, Protect Your Bubble has compiled tips for consumers on how to avoid shark attacks while traveling. Below are ten shark safety suggestions (Source: Discovery.com):
1. Avoid swimming after heavy rains or murky sea water.
2. Don’t swim near seals, as they are typically hunted by sharks.
3. Flashy, bright colored bathing suits and shiny jewelry can attract sharks
4. Never feed sharks. That’s asking for trouble.
5. Refrain from swimming in the ocean at night. Being able to see what’s around is key.
6. Stay away from dolphins and seabirds, as they hunt for the same prey.
7. Watch the swimming habits of fish in the area. If they suddenly dart away, that’s a sign that a shark could be near.
8. Keep swimming strokes smooth.
9. Avoid swimming in waters that are notorious for shark attacks. Sharks are creatures of habit.
10. If a shark as been spotted, leave the area immediately.
Protect Your Bubble provides travel protection for single and multi-trip coverage. Learn more by visiting ProtectYourBubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, and 24/7 emergency services. In addition, the concierge service provides restaurant reservations, arranges golf tee times, and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA